Come share your yoga music

(21 Posts)
CoteDAzur Thu 16-Jul-15 23:02:55

I'm really loving these at the moment:

Meaning - Cascadeur

Echarpes de Brume - Celtic Dream

CoteDAzur Fri 17-Jul-15 16:39:26

This is my all-time favourite yoga music. All 21 minutes of it. Listen to at least 4:49 where he starts to sing smile

CoteDAzur Tue 21-Jul-15 14:50:44

I'm talking to myself here, but no worries. Here is another favourite smile

VelvetGreen Tue 28-Jul-15 21:44:12

Thanks for those - Bridge of Dreams was absolutely beautiful. Reminded me a bit of Dead Can Dance. It's now on my wishlist!

I'm not that keen on music while i'm practising, but do like a bit of kirtan - here's a couple of my favourites from Jai Uttal:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFZXIP43SiA

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICQ9Ieq5n3g

CoteDAzur Sun 02-Aug-15 22:14:31

Thanks for those, Velvet. I enjoyed them. Especially the second one.

I'm not much of a kirtan person, but thought that you might like tthis music. The video is pretty amazing, too!

summerflowers Mon 03-Aug-15 22:45:15

Look at yoga beats websites.
David Sye is a fantastic teacher. I only get to go a few times a year but I feel so good afterwards.

Yogabeats™ combines classic mobile yoga postures with the latest rhythmic and ambient world music. This involves a slow warm up section, the 1st half of the practice is designed to soften up the human ego, without austerity or force, but primarily by allowing, and fun, and asking the body itself for permission to “let go,” followed by a more intense second section, partner work and meditation.

CoteDAzur Wed 05-Aug-15 10:48:38

That looks... different. I don't know about wiggling my bum up in the air in downward dog to rap music (seen in one YouTube video), but wouldn't mind having a bit of dark chocolate before the practice (seen in another) smile

VelvetGreen Thu 06-Aug-15 20:19:49

Blimey - had a look at a couple of yogabeats videos and have to say it isn't for me!

I do like Deva Premal, so thanks for that link. The girl in the film is amazing, but i think he could have maybe asked her before filming (though it didn't seem to bother her)! I guess kirtan and mantra singing isn't for everyone, but i'm a bit of a fan, and it's quite joyful to do as well as listen to.

How do people feel about music during practice? I generally find it quite distracting. I do sometimes use music for savasana if practising at home, depending on how i'm feeling and how many distractions there are going on. I quite like this for relaxation and that 'at one with the universe' feeling:

John Serrie

CoteDAzur Fri 07-Aug-15 22:56:16

That music would indeed be great for savasana. I'm trying to get into a daily yoga habit and have put that down in my yoga playlist now smile

I love listening to music during yoga practice, and not just "new age" type of stuff. I find that it helps me focus and helps turn Vinyasa Flow into a kind of slow dance.

For example, this is not a song you would usually associate with yoga but I think it goes well: Cat Power - Troubled Waters

And I quite like a bit of electronic music with my yoga: Coldcut - Autumn Leaves

guidomallardi Wed 26-Aug-15 19:49:24

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

BeautifulLiar Wed 26-Aug-15 19:52:33

Figure 8 by Ellie Goulding

yogiannie Tue 08-Sep-15 15:01:52

thankyou for the beautiful music smile

CoteDAzur Tue 08-Sep-15 19:55:35

Would you like to share some of your favourite yoga music yogiannie? I'd love to have some more suggestions. smile

yogiannie Wed 09-Sep-15 14:42:09

I tend to go with traditional kirtan bhajans, Krishna Das, Deva Prem, Hare Krishna influenced.

But I found Echarpes de Brume simply stunning - is it on an album/CD? Could you recommend any more like this one?

CoteDAzur Wed 09-Sep-15 22:02:43

I can't remember where I found Echarpes de Brume but I don't have it on a CD. Just bought it as a song on iTunes.

If you like that mix of ethnic melody, I think you would also like Time Never Dies from the soundtrack of the film Before The Rain.

This song is called To The River and it is from the CD of a singular collaboration between Armenian musician Divan Gasparyan and Canadian guitarist Michael Brook. The CD is called Black Rock and I think all of it is brilliant.

yogiannie Thu 10-Sep-15 17:37:56

great thankyou ~~ i will go and check those tunes out smile

yogiannie Sun 25-Oct-15 19:42:08

I am really enjoying music by Wah right now - check her out! smile

www.wahmusic.com/music_savasana.php

CoteDAzur Mon 26-Oct-15 12:59:27

Very soothing, thank you yogiannie smile

CoteDAzur Fri 20-Nov-15 18:51:19

I just found this today. Just sublime!

The singer is one of yogiannie's recommendations. Thank you smile

yogiannie Fri 20-Nov-15 21:32:01

mmm totally beautiful video cote, thankyou xx yes sublime indeed xx

CoteDAzur Thu 26-Nov-15 14:25:26

I started listening to Bach's cantatas during yoga practice. So spiritual and beautiful. It sounds odd but give it a chance smile

This one, for example. And this one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now