Did anyone see the Italy v Slovakia match?

(7 Posts)

Therefore, the left wing press will be quite respectful of our national team, the right wing press will be uber nasty.

Yes, they will.
Actually they've been slaughtered by the press even before the world cup started.

Oh, and Lega Nord, the separatist (racist) party in the government coalition have clearly stated that they wouldn't be supporting Italy as they only recognize northern Italy (WTF???).

notnowbernard Thu 24-Jun-10 21:42:11

Italy were woeful until the last 20mins or so

They did leave it rather late...

Will they get slaughtered in the Press in the same way England do if they are shite?

Yes, Italy was shite. It's always shite when we have Berlusconi as a PM. It's a known fact.

ABitBatty Thu 24-Jun-10 21:22:04

Yes I did! My neighbours are Slovakian and my next door but one neighbours are Scottish, but was wearing an Italy T Shirt this morning.

He stopped me this morning and tapped his newspaper and said:

Him 'ha ha you do know who you have to play to win it don't you'

Me 'Yeah, Germany, maybe Argentina...'

Him 'Then the big guys..' tapping the badge on his chest....

I looked about for him this evening, went out to the bins etc to see if I could catch him. Saw him going out in the car later and he had a different top on grin

I love it!

puppa Thu 24-Jun-10 21:17:00

oh was just brill, i just love it, im lovin denmark and japan game too, japan are shit hot, fair play!

notnowbernard Thu 24-Jun-10 20:08:36

WOW

What a game

And I fret that England are shite...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now