"Mummy everyone's wasted their money on little white flags with red crosses"

(11 Posts)
missedith01 Wed 23-Jun-10 23:26:11

I suspect that the flags will suffer the same fate as the Christmas decorations in these parts ... i.e. nothing decisive at all will happen to them and they will stay in situ, slowly fading until the next time ... a limp reminder of better times. wink

SpringHeeledJack Wed 23-Jun-10 23:18:27

another one here for flag burning when it all goes tits up

...maybe we could save them all up for the Big Lunch or something- be a nice show of communiteee spirit grin

GypsyMoth Wed 23-Jun-10 23:17:11

kids at the local comp walked out....just went....obviously to watch the game,but in protest at the same time that other schools got to finish early and theirs didnt.....can kind of see their point there!

miopus Wed 23-Jun-10 23:12:40

I work in a school and was really incensed today by a mother who hauled her child out of Year 1 today at 2.45 pm to watch the match.

The whole school did not go home early, as this mother demanded, and had she not got her way and collected her precious offspring at 2.45 pm, she threatened not to collect him at all.

What an example to the rest of the school!

notagrannyyet Wed 23-Jun-10 16:40:06

I didn't spend any money. I saved flags from last time!

They must have had a run on red paint though all the mini roundabouts seem to have had red crosses painted on them.

southeastastra Wed 23-Jun-10 15:24:49

cynical at such a young age grin

potplant Wed 23-Jun-10 15:17:21

I can't wait to take the stupid things off the car.

Saltire Wed 23-Jun-10 15:14:41

I did say to DH today "I wonder if there will be mass flag burnings in public when if England go home tonight

MaryBS Sat 19-Jun-10 07:48:39

I hope you reassured him/her that some of us got ours free with a newspaper!

cheerfulvicky Sat 19-Jun-10 07:43:38

Hahahaha grin

HerBeatitude Sat 19-Jun-10 07:34:30

Out of the mouths of babes and sucklings eh?

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now