Has anyone else's DH/DP been behaving strangely today?

(10 Posts)
Portofino Sat 12-Jun-10 13:56:49

DH was a being a right grumpy twunt this morning. I was doing a spot of house work, and he told me he was going to mow the lawn. He disappeared off upstairs for ages and when he returned he out of the blue berated me for never throwing stuff away and started a passive-aggressive clear out of the cupboards.

He tends to be a bit like this when stressed at work. I ignore him generally, but this morning told him not be such an arse and went upstairs to change the beds. When I came back down, he apologised, gave me a cuddle and told me he was stressed about the football! hmm

I know it's exciting and all that, but is it a reason to get THAT anxious about it that you have a personality transplant? Anyone else noticing strange behaviour today?

ShowOfHands Sat 12-Jun-10 13:58:45

Nope. Said something to dh earlier about the football. He said 'what football?' He genuinely didn't even know it had all kicked off yet. I love him. I do.

God mine is too. He is currently cleaning out the garage to mask the stress. Bless him.

Portofino Sat 12-Jun-10 14:07:40

At least these jobs are getting done!grin

thesecondcoming Sat 12-Jun-10 15:00:23

mine is being fucking great actually.
i rang him from ballet in tears at 9am to ask if he's pick us up as dd2 was in full meltdown-we'd gone with another friend whose daughter was not trying to scratch her own eyes out screeching 'no music,no dancing,no children' at the rest of the class blush
he then took me shopping for my 'bits' took dd2 and me to a park with a coffee (so i could sit on a rug and drink it reading the guardian while he fucked about with dd2 on swings etc) produced a picnic lunch for us all.
and is currently clearing all the shit out of the dining room. he also announced he's given up alcohol until after the baby's born.
i think he's having an affair or something...or he wants me to do bath and bed and possibly tea tonight!
i am not knocking it though!

GypsyMoth Sat 12-Jun-10 15:17:10

no,i dont have one (thanks be to god)

however,we are a footie household....dd2 is the leader,and she's currently clearing out the rabbit hutch muttering about changing their names to lampard and terry!!

amothersplaceisinthewrong Sat 12-Jun-10 15:20:03

Well at least it's not Cole and Rooney!!!!

thesecondcoming Sat 12-Jun-10 15:29:01

i've agreed to name next dc after the scorer of the winning goal if england win (i am due july 14th) is it very disloyal to want us out first round as i don't want a kid called wayne\waynetta\emil or jermaine...grin

Portofino Sat 12-Jun-10 19:26:20

LOL thesecondcoming!

thislittlesisterlola Sat 12-Jun-10 21:20:43

mine, in the hours running up to kick off got all stressed, this nervous kind of anxious electric charge about him. Which, when im heavily pg doesnt put me at ease. God knows what he'll be like in 3 wks time- when i give birth. Might be giving him the g&a at this rate. Bless him, did make amazing chilli beef nachos for half time

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now