Which kind of World Cup supporter are you?

(39 Posts)
KateSMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 12-Jun-14 18:42:41

The World Cup is here! hmm football grin

Unless you have arranged to be locked in a concrete bunker for the next month, the chances are you will find yourself watching a football match sometime soon. As you're watching, you may find yourself wondering what are your true feelings about football.

Luckily, we have created a handy quiz that will probe your innermost psyche, and determine which kind of World Cup supporter you really are.

Take the quiz, and discover hitherto unknown truths about yourself...

MirandaWest Thu 12-Jun-14 18:43:48

The link doesn't work for me sad

BlackeyedSusan Thu 12-Jun-14 18:58:29

the link does not work for me either.

SarahMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 12-Jun-14 19:43:58

Sorry folks blush - should be working now?

Smilesandpiles Thu 12-Jun-14 19:57:52

*Balls to footy

You are not, repeat NOT, a football fan. And you're proud of it.*

Yep. That's about right.

ineedausername Thu 12-Jun-14 21:56:37

Professional fan... WTF??????!!! i guessed every single one!

WilliamShatner Thu 12-Jun-14 22:45:37

Which kind of World Cup supporter are you?
Eternal optimist

THIS will be England's year. You can just feel it.

I hate football. The only thing I like about football is Christian Ronaldo as I have a soft spot for him, otherwise it's a load of crap.

Many years ago there was some big match on the telly and I had a new boyfriend. I invited him round for dinner and he said, great and could he watch the football. I said yes, thinking I would enjoy cuddling up to him after our food.

He came round and I left him in the living room to check on the food I was making. When I came back to tell him how long it would be before I would serve it in my dining room, he had moved an armchair approximately two feet away from the telly so only he could watch the football in close up and without even looking at me he said, "I'll have it on a tray please"!

Jenny come lately

You absolutely LOVE football. During World Cup season. Otherwise, not so much.

-

Quite accurate really grin Don't have a league team or follow in the normal season but always cheer for the Dutch when it's World Cup time!

Professional. Which surprised me as I don't follow it nearly as closely as I used to pre DCs. I think I absorb a lot of info via DS and having Radio 5Live on. I'm mainly a club football fan rather than country but I have got England bunting up.

I'm a Jenny come lately too, apparently I LOVE football.
Which is odd as I have zero interest in football and won't be watching any of the World Cup at all. DH is even less interested than I am, so our TV will be safe.

Bracquemond Fri 13-Jun-14 05:02:04

I am the sort of World Cup supporter who genuinely thought until today: "What? Again? Surely we have just had a World Cup?" (I was thinking of whatever that competition in Ukraine was in 2012).

If we had interplanetary travel I would be out of here for the month, although I suspect that they would still broadcast it at my retreating escape vessel.

LastTango Fri 13-Jun-14 11:59:51

World Cup? Wassthat? Is that the programme that is making Eastenders be rescheduled? grin

AnnaLegovah Fri 13-Jun-14 14:31:53

Professional fan. Those questions were far too easy for those of us really in the know. wink

hoppingmad Fri 13-Jun-14 14:39:39

I got a red card and balls to footy. Dh would get the same. There will be no football on in this house smile

SmashleyHop Fri 13-Jun-14 14:45:47

How did I get "Professional Fan" when I am a football ignorant American?? Maybe I'm not ignoring DH as well as I thought I was when he goes on one of his long ranty rants.

I will be cheering on my two teams though. Come on England/USA!!

GoldenGytha Fri 13-Jun-14 15:46:16

I absolutely will not be watching a single minute of any football match at all!

I hate football, and so do my DDs, so it will not be on my tv at all.

Only sports I ever watch are Show Jumping, Dressage, Eventing and Gymnastics, my DDs hate all sport of any description.

So our house is pretty much a sport free zone.

ShakeYourTailFeathers Fri 13-Jun-14 16:00:36

You absolutely LOVE football. During World Cup season. Otherwise, not so much.

haha this is soooo true!

awaynboilyurheid Fri 13-Jun-14 19:01:58

Jenny come lately here too, its true I only watch football when world cups on , but really prefer penalties why cant all matches be decided on this? its the best part all the will they miss, wont they,all their teammates rooting for them its great, could they have a world cup penalties only game that would be good tv

TeWiSavesTheDay Fri 13-Jun-14 19:04:42

Haha, my complete guesses came out as professional fan!

Spurious Fri 13-Jun-14 19:04:51

Jenny come lately.

I knew zero about football until my DS got serious about it 3 years ago. It has taken over a lot of my spare time now. And I still know virtually zero :D

Uptheanty Fri 13-Jun-14 19:08:03

Jenny come lately

<proud>

Cautiouswendy40 Sat 14-Jun-14 12:31:49

watch all I can keep awake for

TheLeftovermonster Sat 14-Jun-14 14:53:42

Jenny come lately here too, and it's pretty accurate.
I find club football boring, but like World and European cups - perhaps it is because there's an atmosphere, and it's more than just football. I also like to watch without supporting a team - just to enjoy the game. Being a fan is frustrating!

I got Jenny Come Lately too, which is completely wrong for me. I am very meh about this world cup but I have been an absolutely rabid Spurs supporter for 35 years

DirtyBlonde Sat 14-Jun-14 16:27:24

Jenny Come Lately

(am I the only one with a dirty mind?)

I don't care about the footie. But do like to see who's beating whom.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now