Anyone going to Brazil 2014?

(14 Posts)
Mosman Tue 09-Apr-13 14:29:16

Marking my place ..... Cannot wait already

meeliesmum Tue 15-Oct-13 21:47:43

England are! Cant wait really love world cups

Shruti04 Wed 20-Nov-13 10:54:06

Yup I am planning to go there to enjoy world cup event. Hoping that I will be there with my friends. Brazil I am coming there.

Ge0rgina Wed 20-Nov-13 14:51:33

I certainly am!

Who's going to win it then? hmm

Pan Wed 20-Nov-13 14:59:29

I'm going to see if I can be MN's football correspondent and only claim minimal expenses.......I am selfless to a fault.

meditrina Fri 16-May-14 22:24:35

It's a long time since this thread started, but I thought I'd bump to see if there were updates.

Anyone decided to go? or putting up with Significant Others going?

When does it all kick off? In a month or so?

Meglet Sat 17-May-14 08:35:05

Sadly not.

And let's be honest. I'd soon be skipping the football to sunbathe and drink caprihinas anyway.

daisybabyshop1 Fri 06-Jun-14 14:45:12

What sort of prices are people paying for flights or hotels? Not that we'll have enough time to indulge in festivities - as there's no quiet period in the baby industry.

ipanemame Tue 10-Jun-14 15:33:24

Yes I'm going to a match next week in at the Maracana. I'm excited about it but a bit nervous as we are taking the kids on the metro for the first time.

Anyone else arrived just from the UK?

Lucyccfc Tue 10-Jun-14 19:49:43

Ipanemame - the metro to the Maracana is fine.

I took my DS last June to the Brazil v England friendly and there were no problems with the metro. The locals were really friendly no helpful. As ever, with travelling, don't wear lots of jewellery, flash the cash or keep using your expensive phone or camera.

When you come out of the stadium, there are huge queues for the metro, but they move quite quickly. I was surprised at how organised it all was.

If you are in Rio for a while, google Favella Adventures and take a look at their tours of Rocinha. We have a brilliant day, with our guide Zehinio. (Ze).

superram Tue 10-Jun-14 19:53:35

My friends flew out this morning, after getting back from Miami on Sunday.....

ipanemame Wed 11-Jun-14 00:17:54

Thanks Lucy, that's reassuring. I'm sure it will be fine its just that I know someone who was robbed as they were entering a metro station.

Yes, we will be in Rio for a while as we have started work contracts here.

Anyway, good luck ENGLANDgrin

roastparsnip Wed 11-Jun-14 09:44:58

Dropping off dd aged 16 at the airport today. I won a competition on MN and the prize was for dd and her friend to be flag bearers for the England v Italy game on Saturday. They're setting off today and coming back on Monday.

I can't decide whether I'm super excited or worried sick.

ipanemame Thu 12-Jun-14 01:05:30

Wow that's amazing parsnip, I'll look out for them on the TV this Saturday!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now