Woolly Hugs. A Woodland Themed Craft Sale and Auction for Mia's Wood.

(461 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

KnottyAndPistey Tue 08-Jul-14 17:27:46

Mia’s Wood is an area of woodland bought in memory of beautiful red headed Mia who was just 13 months old when she very sadly died in October 2011. If you have read MiaAlexandrasMummy’s threads about her daughter, you will not have failed to be moved by her love which pours out.

In her memory, Mia's family are developing this natural space for the local community around Milton Keynes and in Buckinghamshire to love and enjoy, and already trees and flowers have been planted. They have great plans to take this forward and develop the site further, making it truly magical. It really is such an inspirational, fantastic project, and in September we are planning a fundraiser to help them do this.

What the family say about Mia's Wood
Mia's Wood hopes to pass on Mia's love of nature to local families, children and young people, and especially to bereaved families. At Mia's Wood, we want to create an environment which promotes an innocent wonder of nature, to stimulate curiosity and imagination, to encourage children to preserve our fragile natural woodland through both visits and special events. For bereaved families in particular, we would like to think that visits to Mia's Wood will provide both hope and solace.

Just beautiful.

To find out more, see here?
There is a Facebook page too.

Here's how to join in…
We are going to run an online Woodland themed Craft sale in a very similar way to our successful Christmas and Easter fundraisers. We will also be auctioning a beautiful Autumnal and Woodland themed Woolly Hug as part of our fundraiser.

Information for Crafters.
We are looking to make and sell small/lightweight Woodland/ Autumnal items, sewn, crocheted, knitted, crafted, the how is up to you! To keep postage costs to a minimum we ask that ideally anything made can be sent on to a buyer in a Large envelope, which is 35cm by 25cm, no thicker than 2.5cm, 750g max. Or smaller obvs smile

So we are thinking :
Leafy and trees
Squirrels
Snails
Rabbits
They have sheeeeeeep!
Birds
Foxes
Toadstools
Hedgehogs
Mice
Other lovelies smile

There is a wealth of ideas to be found on this fabulous Pinterest page set up by Knotty, see here. Enjoy!

Contributing funds to enable others to craft.
If you’d like to contribute funds to help others craft, then we’d love to hear from you. Our paypal is admin@woollyhugs.com please make sure you add a contact name and note that it is for Mia’s Wood.

Last posting for crafts to be Wednesday 27th August.
Please PM for the posting information.

thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks

The Craft Sale and Auction
The sale itself will take place between the evening of Friday 5th September and Sunday 7th September (tbc) and will be run through an Event page attached to our Woolly Hugs' Facebook page. The Auction for the Autumnal Woodland Woolly Hug will take place over the same weekend, finishing on the Sunday evening at 9pm, tbc. We will share all details here, on our website, Facebook page and Twitter feed

* All craft sale will be sent second class during the week after the sale.
* The Woolly Hug will be sent recorded delivery the same week.

thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks

Thinking of the beautiful Mia and her family. x
Huge thanks once again. Fingers crossed this will be a great success for Mia’s Wood.
Pistey and Knotty x

MNWoollyHugs on Facebook
@MNWoollyHugs on Twitter
www.woollyhugs.com

ArtyBat Tue 23-Sep-14 18:44:49

Just came to say I was thinking of everyone at Mia's Wood yesterday, and see you've announced the Total raised.

How wonderful! smile

It's made my day flowers for all.

Strawdolly Tue 23-Sep-14 09:57:17

That's fantastic, well done! smile flowers

RatherBeOnThePiste Tue 23-Sep-14 08:46:21

thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks

Woolly Hugs Woodland Craft Sale and Auction - Accounts

* Total paypal/bank transfer/e-cheque - £1810.34
* Total cash - £27
* Total Cheques - £64

* Total income - £1901.34
* Less PO - £115.87

* Ta Da - £1785.47

Huge thanks everyone once again x

thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks

kelda Mon 22-Sep-14 21:21:16

That's great, well done everyone!

omg! totally amazing well done everyone that was involved.

WOW, WOW, WOW - amazing work Ladies and all in the name of beautiful red headed Mia.

RatherBeOnThePiste Mon 22-Sep-14 20:53:37

<puts down abacus>

Woooooohoooooo!

We are absolutely delighted to be able to announce the final amount raised by our Woodland Craft Sale and Auction for Mia's Wood!

Drum roll please…….

£1785.47

Yaaayyyyyyy!

An extraordinary amount, folk are just amazing, mucho marvellous. Thank you, thank you xxxxxxx

Some Woolly Hug trees and bulbs were planted during the course of MiaFest, Knotty and I even managed one, was rather magic.

The money has been transferred to the Mia’s Wood account this afternoon, sent with love from so many and always thinking of Mia.x

thanks

GameOfScones Sat 20-Sep-14 12:05:47

Wool Pixie I have sent you a message smile

I hope you all have a good time today at Mia Fest and that the weather is kind to you too smile

RatherBeOnThePiste Sat 20-Sep-14 06:50:24

Woolly Hugs On Tour grin

From the state of my hallway, looks like we going for a month Knots!

KnottyLocks Fri 19-Sep-14 21:47:41

Oh how cute smile

Just packing for Woolly Hugs on tour ...maybe need to vacpac all this wool. confused

Do, predictably, hadn't noticed that she had left a vital bit of sports kit at home, so had no idea that I had been in, so she came out clutching wol and looking very confused. She is very happy with him now though smile.

Enjoy your weekend. Sunday is supposed to be a lovely day.

RatherBeOnThePiste Fri 19-Sep-14 17:38:01

Thanks lovely xxx

Strawdolly Thu 18-Sep-14 15:42:22

Here's hoping it's good weather for MiaFest and rain on Monday to water everything in. I'll be with you in spirit xxx

RatherBeOnThePiste Thu 18-Sep-14 15:41:58

Awwww how lovely!!!

My wooly wol arrived some time ago, but I had to go and put something into DD's bag on her peg at school today (because she had forgotten it --and I am a soft touch--) so while I was at it I tied wol, who she has yet to meet, onto her bag. I am looking forward to her reaction when I pick her up grin

RatherBeOnThePiste Thu 18-Sep-14 15:29:33

Hello chums smile

All going sooooooo well, just fabulous, thank you so much xxx

We have done the count, but this weekend it is MiaFest at Mia's Wood, an outdoor festival for children and their families, lots of folk are going, Knots and I are camping grin But we are collecting three more lots of money there and then we will have a final figure by Monday.

We have already given an indication to Mia'sMummy of the amount and she has bought some trees and bulbs that we will be able to plant along with many other families, several of them recipients over time of Woolly Hugs, bless their hearts, Knots and i are really looking forward to being able to do that.

JulesJules Thu 18-Sep-14 14:10:40

Afternoon cake brew

Are you still counting money?grin

ZingOfSeven Thu 18-Sep-14 14:05:45

a lovely project. wishing you all the best

ArtyBat Thu 18-Sep-14 13:44:39

Morning All, morning Pistey, how's it all going? flowers

RatherBeOnThePiste Thu 18-Sep-14 08:18:12

Morning smile

KnottyLocks Sat 13-Sep-14 00:03:25

The last lot have been sent from here today. May they enjoy their trip smile

GameOfScones Fri 12-Sep-14 14:01:12

My lovely knitted bird has arrived, thank you very much smile

RatherBeOnThePiste Wed 10-Sep-14 09:40:39

She was!!!!!

I really did heart her, but she has gone to a new and happy family, and should arrive today, fingers crossed.

Good news to hear of craft treasures arriving with families already, Go the Post Office!!

Mhw02 Tue 09-Sep-14 18:41:33

Better send her soon, Pistey, because that hopeful, oh-so-innocent face whilst she's sitting on your desk is her attempt at saying "Keep me!" She tried it with me too you know, the little witch! Take no nonsense from her.

Love to you MiaAlexandrasMummy.

RatherBeOnThePiste Tue 09-Sep-14 08:41:57

Huge hugs to you lovely. xx

There is something very beautiful and magical about our funds buying larger trees for Mia's Wood, I just imagine them now through the seasons. Woolly trees for Mia. xx

I am back into messages and paypal, sent eight parcels yesterday, hoping a lot more will go today. Sitting on my desk looking hopeful right now is the cute as can be bunny that lovely Mhw02 made. She is ready, so best crack on.

thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now