Woolly Hugs : Come and join in our Christmas Craft Fundraiser for Winston’s Wish and have a chance of winning a Woolly Hug blanket!

(188 Posts)
KnottyAndPistey Tue 03-Dec-13 14:15:17

Winston’s Wish are an amazing charity who help bereaved children re-adjust to life after the death of a parent or sibling, offering practical support and guidance. Winston’s Wish have helped many families within our Woolly Hugs and Mumsnet communities, and we are very pleased to be able to do something to help them now.

Up and down the country, fabulous folk have been making small craft items which we will sell through our Facebook Event page. Come and join us!

fsmilefsmile

You can see photos of all the lovely things that will be on sale in our pre sale viewing albums here……

Album One Items 1 - 100

Album Two Items 101 - 200

Album Three, items 201+ is work in progress! Link very soon.

Our Sale takes place over the weekend starting Friday 6th December, starting at 10 am finishing on Sunday 8th

From 10am on Friday we are going to post batches of items on the wall, starting with the first 30 from Album One and work our way through. To buy an item, you will need to be the first to post your name next to the photo. We will then clearly be able to see who has bought, will thank you and ask you to PM us with the item number and a postal address. We can then arrange for payment with you. Ideally through PayPal, but cash or cheque payable to Woolly Hugs is fine too.

Do bear with us, we will acknowledge your purchase and reply to your PM asap!

So who has a chance of winning the Woolly Hug?

* Everyone who has made something for the Craft sale has been entered into the free Draw.
* Everyone who has contributed towards materials has been entered into the free Draw.
* Anyone who now buys something will be entered into the free Draw.

fsmilefsmilefsmilefsmilefsmilefsmilefsmile

Our Paypal is admin@woollyhugs.com

When paying for a purchase, please include a note with your name and the item number.

The randomly generated Draw for the Woolly Hug will be made after the Christmas Craft Sale, once all funds have cleared. We will announce the winner here, on our Event page, Facebook page (MNWoollyHugs) and Twitter (@MNWoollyHugs)

Craft items will be sent via second class post during the week beginning Monday 9th December, or if paying with a cheque, once funds have cleared. We will pay all money raised into the Winston’s Wish account within two weeks.

thanks Huge thanks once again. Together we can make this a great success for Winston's Wish. 

Knotty and Pistey X

fsmilefsmilefsmilefsmilefsmilefsmilefsmilefsmilefsmile

MrsKwazii Wed 04-Dec-13 07:35:04

<Channels inner Gollum> We neeeeds it. Precious robins.

SoupDragon Wed 04-Dec-13 12:30:01

Bump smile

MrsKwazii Wed 04-Dec-13 16:51:20

How was today Pistey, with Debbie Bliss? Bet the competition blankets are gorgeous grin She seems lovely from her webchat, however, if she now swoops in and deprives me of my robins I will not be best pleased fwink

RatherBeOnThePiste Wed 04-Dec-13 17:11:31

T'was lovely, she's my new best friend <beams> We chatted knitting tips and techniques and I gave her my advice.

fgrin

<arf>

Actually she really was very lovely, funny and so modest, and was very interested in everything about Woolly Hugs, bless her.

One of the questions on the web chat asked if anyone made woolly things for her as gifts, and she said no one ever had. So I told her aaaalllllllllllll about the robins, well it seems such a shame that nobody seems to want to buy them....

fsad

MrsKwazii Wed 04-Dec-13 18:01:15

How could she fail to be interested in Woolly Hugs?! Bet it took quite a while to tell her about all the different strands (see what I did there fwink)

Maybe Debbie will buy Bobina who is also super-cute.

KnottyLocks Wed 04-Dec-13 18:43:37

What knitting advice did you give her, Pistey? smile

SoupDragon Wed 04-Dec-13 19:02:22

"Don't ask me to knit anything" perhaps? wink

Pistey, giving knitting advice! Isn't that like a nun writing the karma sutra!

KnottyLocks Wed 04-Dec-13 20:20:11

Interesting comparison, Fizzy <strokes chin>

Yeah! I thought it suited the situation!

RatherBeOnThePiste Wed 04-Dec-13 21:49:33

fshock

RatherBeOnThePiste Thu 05-Dec-13 21:41:24

Bobina is mine by the way.

KnottyAndPistey Thu 05-Dec-13 21:49:23

fsmile

SoupDragon Thu 05-Dec-13 21:55:54

As you are good enough to be offering knitting tips to Debbie Bliss, can't you just make your own Bobina....?

[innocent]

JulesJules Fri 06-Dec-13 05:25:33

fshock

JulesJules Fri 06-Dec-13 05:25:53

fgrin

KnottyLocks Fri 06-Dec-13 07:37:11

Here we go!

Wish us luck - we will need it!

SoupDragon Fri 06-Dec-13 07:55:36

It'll be fiiiiine grin

RatherBeOnThePiste Fri 06-Dec-13 08:37:52

My face actually looks like grin right now

RatherBeOnThePiste Fri 06-Dec-13 08:38:13

Bobina too

RatherBeOnThePiste Fri 06-Dec-13 08:39:44

She will be my PA today bless her grin

SuperNappy Fri 06-Dec-13 08:59:07

Today is the day!

[Coffee] all round

SuperNappy Fri 06-Dec-13 10:17:56

Sale now on!

RatherBeOnThePiste Fri 06-Dec-13 11:25:09

Woooohooooooooooooo!

RatherBeOnThePiste Fri 06-Dec-13 11:25:21

Tis fabulously BONKERS!!!!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now