Support thread for Woolly Hugs - summer (sort of) 2013

(429 Posts)
tribpot Thu 25-Apr-13 07:36:21

Our sympathies and thoughts are with daisydotandgertie, who lost her husband this month.

Woolly Hugs is now in action and this is the support and chat thread at which all are welcome - knitters, crocheters and donors. If you are a first time crafter please do have a go. There is bags of support and plain squares are just as important to our endeavour as fancy ones.

As flowers was one of the requested motifs, I'll just note there's a flowers section in the crafting guide. I might try the posies pattern on this sock pattern. For Welsh (or at least Celtic) patterns, I did this for a previous blanket.

Hoggy I have no idea when I'll get round to trying one out but if it goes badly it may need a new home!

SoupDragon Sun 28-Apr-13 07:46:09

Hoggy, I ordered from RKM too and mine also arrived in under 24 hours. I was very impressed!

RatherBeOnThePiste Sun 28-Apr-13 13:41:13

Afternoon all wine

Jacksmania Sun 28-Apr-13 17:55:30

Found you all - and I do need support today, partly because of the wine last night, have to take DS to a birthday party at a local play centre and I know exactly one person there. Possibly two - if the other one shows up. I am not good in crowds where I know no one.

Would it be rude if I took my crocheting with me? grin blush

tribpot Sun 28-Apr-13 17:58:41

Soft play and hangover, Jacks? <winces> I would take your crochet, you don't have to whip it out!

LackaDAISYcal Sun 28-Apr-13 21:11:45

first square just off the hook and it's reaaally interesting grin. I hope the colours are ok though <worried>

LackaDAISYcal Sun 28-Apr-13 21:40:36

I always take some crochet or knitting to these events...never get any done though for people asking questions about what I'm doing grin

Schooldidi Sun 28-Apr-13 23:11:35

I took my crochet to soft play today. I did a couple of flowers for Daisy's blanket. I got lots of strange looks grin

RatherBeOnThePiste Mon 29-Apr-13 06:54:43

Morning all brew

Lovely daisy posted on the thread,yesterday bless her heart.

Have just cast off my first square. One of my stripy magic stars in silver grey a nd heathery purple. Looks lovely, even if I do say so myself!

KnottyLocks Mon 29-Apr-13 20:24:08

Sounds lovely too, Fizzy smile

RatherBeOnThePiste Tue 30-Apr-13 06:49:41

Really does thanks

SoupDragon Tue 30-Apr-13 07:09:56

I will be taking my wool along to the fracture clinic (along with DS1!). By past experience, I should have plenty of time to crochet an entire blanket!

KnottyLocks Tue 30-Apr-13 07:24:01

Oh bum, Soupy.

Maybe a crochet cast cover?

Oh no soupy! What has he broken?

RatherBeOnThePiste Tue 30-Apr-13 08:45:11

Oh arse Soupy sad

15% off all rowan yarn at deramores use code rw15 at checkout grin

Trazzletoes Tue 30-Apr-13 10:18:39

Fizzy DH's cousin designs knitwear with Rowan wool. I saw her books on Deramores and was very amused to see her described as a "veteran designer". Not sure she would enjoy that description!!! grin

grin

SoupDragon Tue 30-Apr-13 12:51:22

He's broken both bones in his left wrist. That's what happens if you let a large rugby player tackle you and land on your arm!

6 weeks in a heavy plaster cast - poor boy. I offered to crochet him a protective cuff for the top of the cast to stop it rubbing but he refused sad

SoupDragon Tue 30-Apr-13 12:52:55

We were in and out of the clinic so quickly I had to take him to a cafe for hot chocolate and cake in order for him to miss physics grin

KnottyLocks Tue 30-Apr-13 13:05:21

Physics v hot chocolate and cake. Tricky.

going by you previous comment about big rugby players perhaps the physics would have been better before the rugby match! e=mc2 grin

cake and hot chocolate sounds good though!

or to be correct f=ma grin

SoupDragon Tue 30-Apr-13 13:38:53

I asked him what he had learned and apparently he has learned it's better to be tackled and sat on by a winger than by a fat forward grin

The cake was really to cheer him up as he was disappointed they hadn't replaced the plaster cast with a light weight one. We've had to cancel scout camp, scuba diving and rock climbing. He is unimpressed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now