Woolly Hugs' Knitted Knockers!

(214 Posts)
KnottyLocks Tue 08-Jan-13 21:19:00

This is a small project to help our friends out at the Octavia Appeal and the Royal Brompton Hospital.
We have been asked by the Octavia Appeal to help make some Knitted Knockers for the Breastfeeding and Expressing team at the Royal Brompton Hospital.

Babies born with heart conditions often find breastfeeding more difficult as they do not have the energy required for it. With so many newborn babies being transferred to the Brompton, it is vital that they help support mothers with this.

Knitted Knockers help the teams teach mothers how to express and also about latching.

So, can you help us?

The knitting pattern is here on our Woolly Hugs' site

The lovely Rubycon has tested it for us and says that it takes approximately 50g (one ball) of yarn plus a little bit for the nipple.

We're suggesting any DK wool that can be machine washed.
The hospital are happy to accept any colours of your choice.

We have a small amount of donor wool available.
PM Pistey if you need donor wool and we'll get some sent to you.

Please send your Knockers flat and Pistey will happily stuff them. smile

We could do with a handful. grin

As ever, many thanks. Bless you... and your knockers. thanks

RatherBeOnThePiste Sun 27-Jan-13 09:10:28

Darling PKK, you are very welcome to it, DH had to load me up, and it was tricky to make sure you could see all 10. It reminded us of that TV programme where they were given stuff to hold, and cabbages?

What was that? Five to five and it's Friday......

GAWD, it is going to drive me nuts confused

smile

KnottyLocks Sun 27-Jan-13 09:14:29

CRACKERJACK!

KnottyLocks Sun 27-Jan-13 09:15:37

Would've been 'Double D or Drop' with knockers grin

Oh yes I loved Crackerjack!

For a moment there was a different photo, but when I commented on it, you must have removed it. Had you dropped one, as I only counted 9 and I was having a panic thinking I had left a rouge boob in a bag here!

RatherBeOnThePiste Sun 27-Jan-13 09:20:06

It was CRACKERJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!

Yes it was! I'm going to go and wake DH up and tell him grin

Why did they have cabbages?

It was just like Crackerjack, but with knockers.

"Yy Double D or Drop" grin Let's take it to the telly people Knots, we make our FORTUNE!!!

RatherBeOnThePiste Sun 27-Jan-13 09:21:45

That first photo PKK, there was a knocker tucked under my arm <arf> and you couldn't see it, so we had to retake grin

Tricky buggers, knockers grin

I was about to start rummaging for the missing one!

A knocker tucked under an arm...impressive! Mine aren't that big! My daughter is now bigger than me! Don't know where she is getting them from!

KnottyLocks Sun 27-Jan-13 09:27:56

Fame and fortune , Pistey! grin

Knockerjack? CrackingKnockerjack?

<Potters off to plot world domination with knockers>

KnottyLocks Tue 29-Jan-13 15:57:35

Just to let you know that I've asked MNHQ to move our knockers to Arts and Crafts smile

KateSMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 29-Jan-13 16:15:04

<eyes up all the knockers>

RatherBeOnThePiste Tue 29-Jan-13 16:35:51

<literally hoiks bosom, and sets off>

KnottyLocks Tue 29-Jan-13 16:41:04

Thank you , Kate...

I think grin

RatherBeOnThePiste Tue 29-Jan-13 17:14:10

thanksthanksthanksthanksSmashing knockers from MsIngafewmarbles today!

They most definitely will find a good home at the Brompton.Thank you X

thanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanks thanks

RatherBeOnThePiste Wed 30-Jan-13 07:10:00

Just a gentle reminder the deadline for knockers is tomorrow smile

Do PM if you need to!

PurpleFrog Wed 30-Jan-13 09:01:04

Bah - that really does scupper my plans for photographing my Angel Hugs in daylight! For a moment I thought about leaving work early, so that I could do photos late afternoon, but remembered there are homemade cakes with afternoon coffee today at 4.00pm! grin I'll just have to do my best with artificial light this evening!

DH has been given instructions to post my box of woolly goodies today - knocker included

JulesJules Wed 30-Jan-13 11:04:29

Right. Am off to Post Office with my purple nork...

There will be a knocker knocking on your door from me soon... going in the post today :-)

My parcel will have my knocker, square for Lemon's blanket and a Billie blanket. I'll be heading off to the post office when I pick DS up from school. I'll have to bribe him with chocolate buttons. He loves coming to the post office grin

RatherBeOnThePiste Thu 31-Jan-13 17:06:10

Huge thanks this afternoon thanks thanks

Gorgeous norks arriving from RiaOvertheRainbow, DroitwichMummy, foxache and TheWoollyBacksWife

<stuff stuff stuff>

The photos are already in the album. Go see!

That's a lot of boobs grin Well done for stuffing them so quickly!

RatherBeOnThePiste Fri 01-Feb-13 06:58:17

Morning smile

KnottyLocks Fri 01-Feb-13 07:13:28

Top knockers, ladies! smile

RatherBeOnThePiste Fri 01-Feb-13 21:11:17

Norktastic!

Knockers arriving today from PurpleFrog and JulesJules who dedicates hers to the Purple Knitted Nork Advisory Team (PKNAT) who helped her here on the thread, I think that was PurpleFrog and PurpleKittyKnitting grin

Thank you! X

thanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanksthanks

RatherBeOnThePiste Sat 02-Feb-13 16:02:49

Smashing Knockers!

thanksthanksthanksthanks Arriving safely today from DancesWithWoolsEnPointe and KnitterNotTwitter. Looking good grin

Thank you so much thanks thanksthanksthanksthanksthanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now