Blanket for Cupofteaplease: Crafters & donors, your help is needed. x

(973 Posts)
KnottyLocks Wed 24-Oct-12 16:45:08

I have to admit that it has taken me while to write this. Sometimes it feels that despite all the words at our fingertips, there are never the right ones.

This morning we learnt of the heartbreaking news that Cupofteaplease's beautiful daughter, Beatrice, had been taken from us: another bright star to light the skies above us.

If you have followed Cup's threads, you could not have failed to be touched by Bea's magic and be inspired by her mother and her family (affectionately known as The Teaset ) who ensured that for Bea, 'A life filled with love is a life worth living.'
Their dedication to Bea, their bravery and love reached many hearts and touched many lives. Bea will live long in our hearts and memories.

Our thoughts and love are with them all and we hope that this blanket may give whatever comfort it can to them.

We would be very grateful for your help. Here's how:

We need knitters, crocheters and donors.

RatherBeOnThePiste will coordinate and match crafters and donors, and deal with the admin side. I'll try to answer any queries you may have.

If you would like to be involved in any way, please post on this thread and PM Pistey with your offers: crafting, donating, need wool, etc, and she will match you up.
Whatever way youd like to be involved, please PM Pistey: it really helps us to know how many people are involved. Thanks

The wool we are using:

* Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK (NOT the baby cashmerino)

* Rowan Cashsoft DK.

*Sublime Extra Fine Merino Wool DK.

*Artesano Superwash Merino DK.

They are very similar and can be combined.

* 4mm knitting needles or hooks

* knitters cast on 33 stitches (this is a guide for less experienced knitters)

* 6" squares

The Colours:

Pinks, blues, greens, warm purples, silvers and cream (we'd be grateful if you use Debbie Bliss 013, if opting for cream)

If you wish to make flowers and bees and would like to use yellow, please PM Pistey as we have some in our stash and we would like to use the same colour throughout. Thanks

Ideas for squares:

Motifs:
Bees, primroses, violets, daisies and any other flowers.

Please don't feel daunted by any of the ideas as we really love plain squares and simple textures too. They look as stunning as the more complex squares and actually play a vital role in the overall effect.

Previous blankets can be seen here on the Woolly Hugs website . We also have a Facebook page: MNWoollyHugs and are on Twitter @MNWoollyHugs. If you 'like' our Facebook page, you'll be updated on progress via your News Feed.

As always, we thank you so much for your support.

thanks thanks thanks thanks

Can't pm as on phone but will donate wool or money

So sad xx

Woolfey Wed 24-Oct-12 19:20:14

I would like to do some squares - will PM you Pistey.

HaplessHousewife Wed 24-Oct-12 19:58:32

So, so sad. Have pm'd

trumpton Wed 24-Oct-12 20:14:18

I will be honoured to add a few squares with love and remembrance in every stitch. Bea and the Teaset have touched my life in so many ways. A candle for Bea and all the little ones who have gone before us.
I will PM Pistey.

GlaikitFizZombie Wed 24-Oct-12 20:23:59

I'm so so sad to hear this news today. sad

ExitPursuedByAaaaaarGhoul Wed 24-Oct-12 20:29:11

Will be pm you Pistey.

Somersaults Wed 24-Oct-12 20:31:27

I've pm'ed you Pistey. So sad. My thoughts and prayers are with Bea's family.

messmonster Wed 24-Oct-12 20:44:38

I'd like to donate. I've been so inspired by Cup's telling of Bea's story and am so very sad for all of the teaset today.

KnottyLocks Wed 24-Oct-12 20:53:38

If any of you are having trouble getting through to Pistey, you could try PMing me.
As we found found in the past, the PM system can struggle a little under the weight of your kindness. We think it may be having a wee strop tonight.

Failing that, we can also be contacted via ou Facebook page MNWoollyHugs or at admin @ woollyhugs . com

ExitPursuedByAaaaaarGhoul Wed 24-Oct-12 20:56:22

I am sure Pistey will get through her PMs in due course. I have mentioned to her that if you are inundated with response, maybe a blanket for each of the teastet girls?

Ignore me if I am being presumptious, as a non knitter blush

KnottyLocks Wed 24-Oct-12 21:04:54

It's more the concern about the Pms being sent but not arriving. Or refusing to be sent! Little darlings.

Exit, we care not if you are a non-knitter, my lovely smile You are one of us.

Although maybe it's about time we got you crafting.

IslaMann Wed 24-Oct-12 21:09:00

So terribly sad, I'll knit some squares. Have PM'd Pistey

RiaOverTheRainbow Wed 24-Oct-12 21:11:50

Such sad news. I've PMed Pistey.

SirBoobAlot Wed 24-Oct-12 21:31:27

I'd like to crochet a square or two, though can only do basic single crochet.

This is such sad news sad

SirBoobAlot Wed 24-Oct-12 21:37:53

Have messaged you on FB.

bobkate Wed 24-Oct-12 21:40:49

Please count me in - I'll pm you knotty as it sounds as though Pistey's is getting a bashing. xx

FoxyRevenger Wed 24-Oct-12 21:41:52

Oh. Another blanket. My heart is aching, far too many of us have received blankets lately. I will PM tomorrow when I can as I'd like to donate for gorgeous Bea.

KnottyLocks Wed 24-Oct-12 21:49:36

Pistey has indeed had a bashing. But I think we are temporarily back on top.

Bobkate, have replied smile

bobkate Wed 24-Oct-12 21:54:31

smile thanks

Jules146 Wed 24-Oct-12 22:01:56

I'm in x have pm'd xx

KnottyLocks Wed 24-Oct-12 22:17:01

This is a link to Cup's thread she started this evening if you should wish to share your condolences. sad

Pancakeflipper Wed 24-Oct-12 22:21:29

Oh Knots - I fear our squares will be tear stained and snotty. It's so moving.

I am a lapsed knitter and have often lurked on the Blanket threads, but never joined in.
Even in death, little Bea spurns me into action.
I would love to help, by whatever way is the most helpful.

KnottyLocks Wed 24-Oct-12 22:28:40

Pancake, I know how you feel exactly. I've shed quite a few today.

Dogwood , welcome. If you feel able to knit a square or two, that would be lovely . They can be as simple as garter stitch or as fancy as you like.
It isn't the complexity that makes them special, it's the love and thought that's gone into them.

Knotty, I have PMd you - I could not get a PM to Pisty to go!

Are you happy to combine knitted and crocheted squares in one blanket?
I can pay for my own wool but have no chance to get to a shop any time soon. Can I mailorder some of the wool you are using?

Sorry to be asking all these newbie questions blush...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now