A rare chance to own a MN Woolly Hug and other gorgeous things.

(241 Posts)
KnottyLocks Fri 21-Sep-12 16:56:59

As we have done in the past for Anthony Nolan, we have put together a blanket from squares made by Mumsnetters to help raise funds for SANDS, The Stillbirth and Neonatal Death Charity.

The blanket seen here on the Woolly Hugs' website is one lot (number 80) in an auction which starts at 8pm Friday 21st September and ends 8pm 30th September.

During the course of the auction, 153 families will lose a baby at birth or shortly after. sad

The auction itself has been organised by our own MrsY, in memory of her son Benedict and the SANDS auction site can be found here

Along with the Woolly Hug there are some really lovely things, large and small, being auctioned.

It?s really worth a look and all done for such a worthy cause.

thanks

prettybird Fri 21-Sep-12 19:32:51

Does "7 Nights of Meals cooked for you" count as "things" ? hmm

KnottyLocks Fri 21-Sep-12 19:51:54

Prettybird, yes they do. Nouns innit.

EdgarAllanPond Fri 21-Sep-12 20:02:10

i could use the satnav

because currently, when someone tells me to get lost, there is every possibility of that happening...

JugglingWithPossibilities Fri 21-Sep-12 20:09:53

Ooh, I need the satnav to save my marriage Edgar smile

And all the money to such a good cause ....

I love a good Win/Win - reminds me of when I worked in an Oxfam shop - recycling clothes, making money for such a good cause, making friends etc. etc.
What's not to like ? grin

PS. Can someone talk me through the process a little more ? ... I'm only just learning about internet stuff. Thanks !

EdgarAllanPond Fri 21-Sep-12 20:16:14

I think i have just placed a bid! OOH!

and i have my beady eye on the 'A days labour' listing - though i don't live close enough.

Mother could use her rear sorting out.

KnottyLocks Fri 21-Sep-12 20:19:56

The auction is now live. smile

If you want to bid on an item:

(Copied from the auction site)

'All you need to is post a comment on that post with your bid.

The bids will be seen by everyone, so if you are bidding on an item as a gift, feel free to use a clever pseudonym, but it would make life a lot easier for us if you use your real name where possible. You can then subscribe to that post, so that you will be notified by email if anyone else posts a comment on that lot.

If someone outbids you, you can bid again up until 7:59pm on Sunday 30th September. Any bids with a time stamp of 8:00pm or later will be discounted.

With so many lots, it may take us a while to double check all the comments, but we will then post a confirmation of the winning bid on each lot. At this point, please visit our Virgin Money Giving page and donate the relevant amount and Contact Us with your full contact and postal details. We will then forward this information to the person/business who donated each lot and they will contact you to arrange details and/or confirm dispatch. Unless otherwise specified, postage will be 2nd class recorded.'

EdgarAllanPond Fri 21-Sep-12 20:25:42

this lot has appeal!!

if only because i haven't had a night out in AGES!!

i'm not within 30 miles of Maidstone though...someone out there must be..

KnottyLocks Fri 21-Sep-12 20:28:31

Ok, 3 bids down....

I may need to recount the funds grin

EdgarAllanPond Fri 21-Sep-12 20:30:34

question on this one - would i be able to visit nice massage lady? i am out of area but not by much??

KnottyLocks Fri 21-Sep-12 20:32:38

You could ask in the comments section.

I'm bidding! But I'm not telling on what, I don't want gazzumping at the last minute!!

Beautiful things on offer. I wish I had a wee girlie to dress up! Ds would probably love wearing a dress but DH might have something to say!

EdgarAllanPond Fri 21-Sep-12 20:54:26

dund.

PurplePidjin Fri 21-Sep-12 21:02:25

Hurrah! Pistey's and my joint donation has bids! Plural!

KnottyLocks Fri 21-Sep-12 21:04:43

I saw that grin

What number is it? <nosey>

Pidj are you going for the camper van?

Nagoo Fri 21-Sep-12 21:19:57

oooh things smile

PurplePidjin Fri 21-Sep-12 21:20:04

#2, Fizzy

I have time but no dosh,so will stick to donating wink

Lovely!

I like the dolly mix painting, it would go in my lounge, but there are no bids yet so don't really know where to start!!

RatherBeOnThePiste Fri 21-Sep-12 22:03:54

Yes there are Fizzy - tis on £30 -

RatherBeOnThePiste Fri 21-Sep-12 22:04:32

Maybe that was you?!!

Ooh! Is there! I might show dh first. We have differing opinions on "art" as in he doesn't know what he is talking about!

I'm top bidder on my other 2 things though!

RatherBeOnThePiste Fri 21-Sep-12 22:20:03

I'm going to look smile

Ach I forgot you know my name!! There is one thing I really want

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now