Support thread for 3girlies' blanket

(485 Posts)
tribpot Fri 03-Aug-12 17:10:46

Following on from our previous support thread please check in here if there's any help, particularly (but not exclusively) knitting help, you need for the squares for 3girlies, who sadly lost her beloved 6-year-old dd Flora recently.

The details of the blanket project are here and it directs you to the Crafting Guide on Woolly Hugs, with specific sections for crocheters and knitters. I am still maintaining the original document mostly because I haven't got around to separating out the stuff that's already on Woolly Hugs now from the newer suggestions we've had in the last few weeks. So please, by all means do send me suggestions for new patterns or ideas.

For those of you on Ravelry and participating in the Ravellenic games, I think squares could be entered under a number of categories such as balance beads, doubleknit boxing, lace longjump among possibly some others.

PurplePidjin Wed 12-Sep-12 22:06:54

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/_chat/1514861-Blanket-Meet-ups-Sign-in-here

Somersaults, i read they wanted 6"/15x15cm...

PurplePidjin Wed 12-Sep-12 22:07:22
Somersaults Wed 12-Sep-12 22:29:25

Whoop I've signed up! Now go to bed Pidj!

I will need to contribute to Refuge by post, but happy to buddy up with other crafters.

pidj - good to see I am on the right lines, I've had the squares laid out on the floor for a week or two now so I can keep moving them around grin

PurplePidjin Thu 13-Sep-12 07:18:23

You need to progress to Step 5, neither grin

I'll start a Refuge thread in just a tick

PurplePidjin Thu 13-Sep-12 08:00:45

Thank you pidj. I attached the top row to the second row last night. Took me blooming ages (hats off to those of you who finish the woolly hugs - I think you said somewhere that you estimated 20 hours work per blanket). I will aim to do a row a night. I still have a square to do too, but it's towards the bottom of the blanket.

Thanks for starting the new thread!

PurplePidjin Fri 14-Sep-12 20:09:42

Southern meet up thread

Shredded, it'll get quicker i promise smile

Yes pidj, I'm getting the hang of it now smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now