Support thread for Mumof2TeenBoys' and Expat's Blankets

(657 Posts)
tribpot Sun 08-Jul-12 19:07:33

Following on from the terrible news of the loss of Mumof2TeenBoys' ds, a new Woolly Hugs project has been started and, as ever, MNers have stepped up to offer whatever little comfort we can to Mumof and her family. We also keep close in our thoughts Aillidh, the dd of expatinscotland, who died yesterday.

We've put together some general info mostly about knitting but with some crochet bits thrown in, which should get you started but please feel free to ask for any help - I'm not sure if the crocheters are going to set up a new support thread but their current one is found here.

Please dive in - we will inevitably end up talking bollocks rubbish at some point but all are welcome aboard.

tribpot Fri 03-Aug-12 19:06:25

Very weird, but glad it's back!

FaceCrack Fri 03-Aug-12 18:15:48

This thread also dropped off my list and has now reappeared.confused

Anyway I'm back. I've done 2 squares and have one more on the go. I'm hoping to have it done by Monday but it's not likely. We've been invaded with visitors as we live in London. I'll keep plugging away
<waves to all>

tribpot Fri 03-Aug-12 17:11:09
tribpot Fri 03-Aug-12 16:59:42

Stalking us and trying to hide us Barbara - honestly shock

BarbaraWoodlouseAspiringHooker Fri 03-Aug-12 16:33:17

I'm back - without any creepy stalkingness this time.

This thread was on my hidden list (thanks Glaikit for the hint that there was such a thing!). But then I know I did click "hide" at one point wondering if clicking again would unhide something that had inadvertently been hidden. (Can you tell I'm not naturally techy grin). So now don't know if the original loss was due to fat fingers accidental hiding or not. confused

RatherBeOnThePiste Fri 03-Aug-12 15:59:48

No probs here either trib, goodness only knows what they are up to?!

tribpot Fri 03-Aug-12 15:56:12

I'll start a new one - I can certainly see this thread on Arts & Crafts on my laptop and iPhone.

RatherBeOnThePiste Fri 03-Aug-12 15:33:28

weirdness shock We can't be losing folk!!

Maybe we need trib to start a new one? Sometimes when threads get big (although this isn't huge yet) they started misbehaving? Dunno really

It's not on my hidden threads either!

Barbara I'm the same. What's going on??

RatherBeOnThePiste Fri 03-Aug-12 15:30:33

Yes- they are all coming to me - send them together smile Will just PM you X

SDTGisAnOlympicWolefGenius Fri 03-Aug-12 15:28:51

Would it be ok if I put the square for Giraffes' blanket in with the ones for mumtothreegirlies, to save postage?

BarbaraWoodlouseAspiringHooker Fri 03-Aug-12 14:46:35

thanks even!

BarbaraWoodlouseAspiringHooker Fri 03-Aug-12 14:43:39

Just about to PM you Pistey. I have just read 3girlies' thread and am in floods of tears which really isn't like me. So many MNers going through such hard times. I'm so proud to be even a small part of the Woolly Hug project. We can't take away any of the awful pain but hopefully we can bring a small crumb of comfort.

[thank] to you, as always.

soremummy Fri 03-Aug-12 14:30:06

Oh dear not another one (sad)

soremummy Fri 03-Aug-12 14:29:15

I'm on my way to post office first day out with dd since chickenpox smile posting 5 squares and half a crochet one (sorry pistey) and 6 others to be divided for expat and giraffes one x

RatherBeOnThePiste Fri 03-Aug-12 14:26:05

Hello all lovely woolly folk.

Sad news I'm afraid, we are starting a new project this afternoon, if anyone can help us. The thread is here

thanks

BarbaraWoodlouseAspiringHooker Fri 03-Aug-12 14:06:32

OK, this is weird. I still can't see it and it's still not on Threads I'm On. I've hidden it haven't I?!? How do I unhide??? [wibble]

BarbaraWoodlouseAspiringHooker Fri 03-Aug-12 14:04:05

Found you all. Weird, this thread dropped off my Threads I'm On and I just couldn't find it in the main Arts and Crafts topic. confused. Had to stalk ya through Advanced Search, Trib. Hope you don't mind! grin

Not much knitting for me this week as I've been travelling for work again and am stupidly tired. Should get one more square in this weekend though. Haven't decided which yet... Too much choice!

trumpton Fri 03-Aug-12 11:08:25

Thank you. Will pop in post tomorrow. Greetings to all Blanketeers .

RatherBeOnThePiste Fri 03-Aug-12 08:55:04

Bodkin!!

You didn't dream it my lovely, we are definitely making a blanket for the lovely Giraffes X

trumpton Fri 03-Aug-12 08:52:34

I have done 3 squares for Mumof2TeenBoys and 2 squares for Expat and I have done 1 for Giraffe( but did I dream that blanket ? ) anyhoo the G one can go into Expat's blanket if I did. Will post tomorrow.

RatherBeOnThePiste Fri 03-Aug-12 08:29:55

Seems to be OK today, yesterday the same PMs arrived multiple times, just bonkers, but when I sent they went several times too, even more bonkers. Was feeling sorry for those I was swamping!! grin

Thank you though X

MaudLebowski Fri 03-Aug-12 08:11:02

Just pm'd you pistey, did you get it?

tribpot Fri 03-Aug-12 08:08:56

PMing you now, Pistey.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now