Support thread 3 - further blanketeering

(509 Posts)
tribpot Sat 16-Jun-12 08:16:45

Oh no! The previous thread has become full and suddenly we need a new one, with no way of linking old to new. I hope people will find this one. smile

This is a continuation of our thread supporting MNers creating blanket squares for Woolly Hugs. All are welcome.

Ophelia, you're on - I've put you above the line where 'here be dragons' as otherwise it's only DAISY and me representing the North of England, with Formerly technically on the right latitude but in another country grin If you live just south of the line, I'm moving the line down!

I'm surprised to hear Chester is short on wool shops, I would have thought it'd have a few naice places.

I'm off today to my 'knitting with colour' workshop so I am insanely excited to learn how I've been doing it wrong all this time.

prettybird Thu 19-Jul-12 07:08:51

My recent bad experience was in telecoms sad - although to be fair, my colleagues were great and it was my boss and his boss who were bullies sadsad

tribpot Wed 18-Jul-12 20:54:10

Yes - I should perhaps say, bird, although it is NHS and it is in Yorkshire, it isn't the NHS in Yorkshire. If that makes sense!

prettybird Wed 18-Jul-12 20:45:28

Been there, done that, got the jersey sad

as it 'appens, the place I didn't experience that was when I was working in NHS Management in North/East Yorkshire

but then, I've just remembered that I'd expunged from my memory my experience when I moved into NHS Management in Scotland sad

tribpot Wed 18-Jul-12 20:12:13

Unfortunately not much to be done in an environment where you can't trust anyone unless it's put in writing - that's just a toxic work setting.

prettybird Wed 18-Jul-12 20:07:07

Bummer sadangry

tribpot Wed 18-Jul-12 18:44:48

Yup, I think it must have been a prophecy, Glaikit, backed up by this report that Women in Technology tweeted earlier today.

I did reply to the director, to say "I find your choice of language interesting. Thank you!" He hasn't responded.

Too much done verbally, alas. I also have a situation where I now appear to have misled the board I mentioned because I was basically lied to by another colleague, but there's also nothing in writing because we sit opposite each other.

Glaikit Wed 18-Jul-12 17:23:36

Oh Trib that's cack. I take it you haven't graced him with a reply?

Have you got any evidence that the other person was at fault, emails with instructions that weren't followed? I'd be tempted to pull together your own report into the cock up and explain why you will not be accepting any responsibility. There is no need to blame a person per se, but you can blame the processes that person followed as being the cause of the issue.

Come and work with me, maybe my dream
Last night will come true!

tribpot Wed 18-Jul-12 17:08:05

Probably shouldn't resurrect this again! But it saves typing stuff out again. Took 4 days off, turned my work phone on again this morning to find a text from the director where I'm working currently "I hear you were being difficult last week".

prettybird Wed 11-Jul-12 22:41:39

You must be so frustrated. Hope things resolve themselves soon - in a way that is good for you smile

PurplePidjin Wed 11-Jul-12 22:12:38

Can you grab a week off with stress while you have a think?

brew

tribpot Wed 11-Jul-12 21:38:43

Yeah. I'm just so tired. There's another problem at work that I can't talk about, not an HR type issue, something else. The combination of pressures and frustration is just too much to deal with.

BarbaraWoodlouseAspiringHooker Wed 11-Jul-12 21:35:48

A jeffing TORTOISE?!? angry

Sod em Trib. [hobnob]

PurplePidjin Wed 11-Jul-12 21:20:49

Oh ffs. Time for Plan B then hmm

tribpot Wed 11-Jul-12 18:07:19

My boss replies to emails very infrequently but took time today ... to reply to one someone sent with a picture of her pet tortoise in.

That's that, then.

PurplePidjin Wed 11-Jul-12 17:10:18

Good luck, Trib thanks

MinnieBar Wed 11-Jul-12 13:55:17

No great advice Trib, but just adding my (hopefully supportive) 'FFS, how unprofessional' voice to the pot.

BarbaraWoodlouseAspiringHooker Wed 11-Jul-12 13:50:05

<Throws coin into Trib and Pidge's hat>

tribpot Wed 11-Jul-12 10:42:18

I might use it as an 'audition piece' for a job in my local yarn shop! My director has already responded with the expected 'meh' so just my boss to go ...

If you have tasked it to trib I am imagining it is beyond by capabilities. I'll smile and wave and do moss stitch grin

KnottyLocks Wed 11-Jul-12 08:09:08

Trib, I have a photo of the beaded heart square. If you, or anyone else who think they can recreate it, email me at admin @ woollyhugs . com , I'll send the pic to you. Thanks

not wanting to restart the whole farcebook quiche thing, but after much profound brain things inside of my head, I have created a FB page for my mumsnet friends that is separate from my personal fb page - it will no doubt be more fun and involve my mother less which is always good. I'm very excited. Please friend me - I'm, wait for it, Dances Withwool Enpointe. See what I did there?

grin at knitting busking

PurplePidjin Tue 10-Jul-12 22:51:47

People chuck money in hats for people playing musical instruments. Why should they not do the same for people making woolly graffitti...

BarbaraWoodlouseAspiringHooker Tue 10-Jul-12 22:45:34

And if all else fails, you can team up with that feckless breeder Pidge and pass the time attempting ever increasingly difficult challenges from Minniebar*

*I haven't quite worked out how you'll make this bit pay. But it does sound fun!

BarbaraWoodlouseAspiringHooker Tue 10-Jul-12 22:43:04

Chin up, Trib. It's possibly not very useful or professional to tell your colleagues that all the woolly people on the interweb agree with you and include in their ranks, a bird, a pidjin, a donkey, a woodlouse, glaikit and a Vogon poet laureate (TM., patent pending) plus Knotty and Pitsey Pistey - but hopefully the thought will secretly cheer you up grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now