Support thread 3 - further blanketeering

(509 Posts)
tribpot Sat 16-Jun-12 08:16:45

Oh no! The previous thread has become full and suddenly we need a new one, with no way of linking old to new. I hope people will find this one. smile

This is a continuation of our thread supporting MNers creating blanket squares for Woolly Hugs. All are welcome.

Ophelia, you're on - I've put you above the line where 'here be dragons' as otherwise it's only DAISY and me representing the North of England, with Formerly technically on the right latitude but in another country grin If you live just south of the line, I'm moving the line down!

I'm surprised to hear Chester is short on wool shops, I would have thought it'd have a few naice places.

I'm off today to my 'knitting with colour' workshop so I am insanely excited to learn how I've been doing it wrong all this time.

prettybird Wed 11-Jul-12 22:41:39

You must be so frustrated. Hope things resolve themselves soon - in a way that is good for you smile

tribpot Wed 18-Jul-12 17:08:05

Probably shouldn't resurrect this again! But it saves typing stuff out again. Took 4 days off, turned my work phone on again this morning to find a text from the director where I'm working currently "I hear you were being difficult last week".

Glaikit Wed 18-Jul-12 17:23:36

Oh Trib that's cack. I take it you haven't graced him with a reply?

Have you got any evidence that the other person was at fault, emails with instructions that weren't followed? I'd be tempted to pull together your own report into the cock up and explain why you will not be accepting any responsibility. There is no need to blame a person per se, but you can blame the processes that person followed as being the cause of the issue.

Come and work with me, maybe my dream
Last night will come true!

tribpot Wed 18-Jul-12 18:44:48

Yup, I think it must have been a prophecy, Glaikit, backed up by this report that Women in Technology tweeted earlier today.

I did reply to the director, to say "I find your choice of language interesting. Thank you!" He hasn't responded.

Too much done verbally, alas. I also have a situation where I now appear to have misled the board I mentioned because I was basically lied to by another colleague, but there's also nothing in writing because we sit opposite each other.

prettybird Wed 18-Jul-12 20:07:07

Bummer sadangry

tribpot Wed 18-Jul-12 20:12:13

Unfortunately not much to be done in an environment where you can't trust anyone unless it's put in writing - that's just a toxic work setting.

prettybird Wed 18-Jul-12 20:45:28

Been there, done that, got the jersey sad

as it 'appens, the place I didn't experience that was when I was working in NHS Management in North/East Yorkshire

but then, I've just remembered that I'd expunged from my memory my experience when I moved into NHS Management in Scotland sad

tribpot Wed 18-Jul-12 20:54:10

Yes - I should perhaps say, bird, although it is NHS and it is in Yorkshire, it isn't the NHS in Yorkshire. If that makes sense!

prettybird Thu 19-Jul-12 07:08:51

My recent bad experience was in telecoms sad - although to be fair, my colleagues were great and it was my boss and his boss who were bullies sadsad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now