Blanket for MrsY and her family. Donors, crocheters and knitters, can you help us?

(668 Posts)
RatherBeOnThePiste Tue 08-May-12 13:52:29

We have heard the desperately sad news that MrsY has lost her precious baby son Benedict and have offered to make a blanket for her and her family. She is very touched by everyone's kindness, and would love to receive one. Here is the original thread

So once again we are calling on the Blanketeers for help - whether it be donating, knitting or crocheting. Will you join us?

PM me and let me know how you can help, if you need matching up and I will be able to help you

For pictures from previous blankets, see here www.woollyhugs.com

As in the past, the wool we are using is:

* Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK (NOT the baby cashmerino)
* or Rowan cashsoft DK

They are very similar and can be combined
* 4mm knitting needles or hooks
* Cast on 33 stitches
* 6" squares

The colours for this project
Blues, warm purples, greens, silver and cream

So sad that another blanket is needed sad Sending love to MrsY and her family.

Have PM'd about both blankets. So sad that 2 are needed at the same time.

I'm new to this but not a bad knitter although I am glad someone else does the joining together!

duchesse Tue 08-May-12 16:19:17

As the mother of a now 18yo Benedict, please sign me up to knit squares. As always, money is very tight at the moment so I would appreciate a donor.

RatherBeOnThePiste Tue 08-May-12 16:35:58

Still working my way through PMs, pls bear with me, we are having a truly amazing response X

Oh such sad news. sad
I can offer my craft skills for both blankets, piste could you match me to a donor please.

Hey
Signing in as a knitter for this project - so sad. I'm due in two weeks time so this is very poignant for me. I have some wool from previous projects but if there is any available that would be lovely.
Hugs and Kisses
KNT

MOSagain Tue 08-May-12 16:47:31

Pistey have some thanks and wine

RatherBeOnThePiste Tue 08-May-12 18:05:42

For MrsY I have some suggestions of motifs and patterns that are significant to them, if you can incorporate them, then that would be lovely. But please don't worry if not, there's no way I could do anything like this, my squares are always very simple. You need simple and complex to make a blanket work well!

Ideas for Squares for MrsY and her family

Peanut - Benedict's nickname x
Mouse - for her daughter x
Stars
Wings
Birds

Also initials B, M, L and J.

Can anyone help?

RatherBeOnThePiste Tue 08-May-12 18:05:57

Thank you MOS wine

PMing now.

RatherBeOnThePiste Tue 08-May-12 18:31:15

Taking the opportunity of my PM box being empty to go and chivvy on the homework front. Back later.

But thank you to everyone for such an amazing response. Brilliant thanks

Osmiornica Tue 08-May-12 18:36:29

You should have mail from me.

KnottyLocks Tue 08-May-12 18:37:19

thanks Pistey.

And thanks to everyone who has offered to help in any way. thanks

PurplePidjin Tue 08-May-12 18:54:17

Signing in sad

LynnCSchreiber Tue 08-May-12 19:01:10

Pistey
We talked about this before, I think, but I would be keen to write an article about the Wooly Hugs for Jump! Mag - particularly if there is a MNetter and daughter who are knitting together.

If anyone would be willing to speak to me, and let me interview their DD (or DS for that matter), would they PM me.

There are not enough thanks in the world to express my admiration to what you and the other organisers are doing.

Pastabee Tue 08-May-12 19:02:40

I have pm'd you.

100years Tue 08-May-12 19:06:35

I'll send a PM in a bit. On the MN app so it's a bit tricky off here. But I'll do some squares but would appreciate a donor this time.

PMd you postey. sad

Pistey Sorry.

Umami Tue 08-May-12 19:15:08

Happy to crochet, and have PMd you Pistey.

hoops997 Tue 08-May-12 19:17:58

I've emailed the eBay shop where I have bought my wool asking whether she would like to donate some, I've linked her the website, hopefully she'll donate a few balls smile

MadameMessy Tue 08-May-12 19:32:30

Mme Lindor I was going to teach dd to knit, but I think the wool will be too lovely for practicing on. Great idea for Jump! though, am sure someone will be along though.
Although, on FB we were talking about a mini hug, just one square that could be portable. Like if someone needed a woollyhug while out and about (Think it was for Wubbly's little boy for school? Totally open to correction here) an that wouldn't have to be the Debbie Bliss or the Cashsoft would it Pistey? Dd would like to learn and I think she would love a project as it were. Just throwing out ideas...

KnottyLocks Tue 08-May-12 19:40:53

Messy, we have a developing plan involving the mini-hugs. smile

Can't say any more until we've worked it all through though.

In the meantime, I'll be making a mini-hug for Lawrie to go in with the Wubbly blanket.

have pm'd pistey. and thanks for organising us all.

MadameMessy Tue 08-May-12 19:45:49

Yes I knew there was some lovely plan smile Trust you to have something splendiferous up your sleeve smile

SurprisinglyCurvaceousPirate Tue 08-May-12 19:54:09

Will be knitting some squares for Benedict Piste, do you need me to PM you now or when I've finished them. I think I have blue and purple in my stash x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now