A Blanket for MrsKwazii: sign up to knit, crochet or donate. Thank you.

(1000 Posts)
KnottyLocks Sun 26-Feb-12 15:46:29

We have just heard the tragic and devastating news that MrsKwazii's daughter has passed away today in an accident. She was 4 sad

We would like to make a blanket for MrsKwazii's family, to offer them what comfort we can.
If you would like to contribute in any way, please sign up below and PM RatherbeOnThePiste with your offer: crafting, donating, need wool, don't need wool, etc. She'll match you up.

We need knitters, crocheters and donors. If you would like to donate wool, then we can match you up with a crafter.

If you are offering to donate, we would be grateful if you would let us know if you'd like to donate 1 or 2 balls of wool. They cost roughly £5 per ball.

Crafters, if you need wool please let Pistey know if you'd like 1 or 2 balls of wool.
One ball should make at least 2 x 6" squares.

The wool we are using is:

* Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK (NOT the baby cashmerino)

* or Rowan Cashsoft DK.

They are very similar and can be combined.

* 4mm knitting needles or hooks

* cast on 33 stitches (this is a guide for less experienced knitters)

* 6" squares

The Colours:

Blues, warm purples, greens, silver/ greys and pinks.

MinnieBar Thu 08-Mar-12 17:08:16

Hmm my donor ordered through fingers and thumbs but it hasn't arrived yet sad

landofsoapandglory Thu 08-Mar-12 17:03:46

Knotty I have finished my squares for this blanket and Wubbly's( and I have had a name change). I have tried to message you and Pistey but it won't let me! Is the address to send them the same as the last time? If so I will get them in the post at the weekend. smile

KnottyLocks Thu 08-Mar-12 16:40:53

Fizzog, I'll sort the ends, don't worry. smile

More squares from:

AJumpedUpPantryBoy [star] Very lovely indeed. thanks

NEW THREAD HERE

My 2 (yes you read that right 2) squares are winging their way to Blanket HQ. However, I haven't sewn in the ends though. I didn't know I had to. I'm sorry blush.

I still have another ball of wool, so I'll keep on knitting. I might even try a purl stitch!

KnottyLocks Thu 08-Mar-12 16:36:39

Afternoon smile

Gorgeous squares arriving today from:

JulesJules [star]. thanks for my treat too, much appreciated smile

RatherBeOnThePiste Thu 08-Mar-12 16:29:52

Hoping some more woolly wool has arrived today........

RatherBeOnThePiste Thu 08-Mar-12 15:14:30

PMs are still working grin

RatherBeOnThePiste Thu 08-Mar-12 15:13:52

grin Thanks Linzer!

LinzerTorte Thu 08-Mar-12 15:05:41

Is it red yet, Pistey? Apparently some people's flash... or even vibrate. shock My envelope is very low tech.

RatherBeOnThePiste Thu 08-Mar-12 14:30:45

Lunchtime!

Soupy - not at the moment, but this is something we are thinking about too.

We have completely overwhelmed Cucumberpatch which is why we need to look at other online retailers to add into recommendations. But yes a heads up for retailers is a very good idea and easily done. Obviously they won't be able to keep 'our wool' in stock for as and when, but certainly a warning of a sudden mad influx would be very helpful I'm sure.

Very happily there is no red light in my PM box, which means everyone is very happy and has all they need. OR, it means the PMs aren't working again...

<frets>

<chooses to believe the first >

SoupDragon Thu 08-Mar-12 13:37:22

Does anyone warn these retailers when a new blanket project is started? If not, might it be a good idea?

KnottyLocks Thu 08-Mar-12 13:12:08

Fingers and Thumbs are on our radar. smilePistey and I are doing an experiment grin

LittleBoxes Thu 08-Mar-12 13:02:38

If anyone needs an alternative yarn supplier, I used Fingers and Thumbs. It arrived within three days.

chipmonkey Thu 08-Mar-12 10:06:50

<<adds darning needle to shopping list>>>

KnottyLocks Thu 08-Mar-12 07:49:55

Tribpot, the blankets are crocheted together rather than sewn to allow for the slight variation in sizes and tension. So we ask for the pesky ends to be sewn in.

RatherBeOnThePiste Thu 08-Mar-12 07:46:57

Definitely sewing ends in!

Off to work....

tribpot Thu 08-Mar-12 07:44:42

Ooh, are we sewing ends in? I thought we were leaving them to help with the joining up?

LinzerTorte Thu 08-Mar-12 07:43:52

Darning needle... I knew there was something I'd forgotten. Must have a look on eBay as they're bound to be ridiculously expensive here.

KnottyLocks Thu 08-Mar-12 07:33:06

Morning smile

Chip, your square is gorgeous smile [star]

Sewing the pesky ends in is easily done with a darning needle.
Just weave the loose thread back into the finished or starting edge of the square.

MiaAlexandrasMummy, you haven't let the side down at all. smile
There is still planty of time before the last posting date for your crafter to do their magic.

LinzerTorte Thu 08-Mar-12 06:51:04

Morning brew

How weird about the postage, Pistey. Btw you still haven't told me how much I owe you. grin

RatherBeOnThePiste Thu 08-Mar-12 06:42:28

LovesBeing - your square sounds perfect X

Morning all brew

travellingwilbury Thu 08-Mar-12 06:42:12

miasmummy I am the same , they are out of stock of a few colours , I rang them yesterday and just chose a different colour and they are going to send it out today , give them a ring . They are helpful on the phone but I do think an email to say it was out of stock would have been handy .

Wow chip that's amazing.

I apricate tgese even more now I have started learning myself.

My update is that after undoing one row I think I have been able to recover enough without undoing all I had done, phew. It's still not going to be tge best but it has been made with love and lots of effort. I still feel a bit awarkward holding it all though, just haven't found my way yet iykwim

RatherBeOnThePiste Wed 07-Mar-12 23:08:16

MiaAlexandrasmummy Letting the team down? Not at all. I won't have it! <looks as sternly as a Piste can look sternly>
<which isn't very sternly at all>
You have let no one down at all!

Cucumberpatch have really struggled to supply orders this time. This is only really coming to light in the last day or so. We have overwhelmed them and need to look into other companies to recomend too. Including you I think there are five waiting on the woolly wool stuff coming from them.

And it will come smile

Your crafter knows it is held up and it is not a problem. So please don't worry any more. You are part of this team and there is no call for feeling guilty smile

Having one of these brew

Lovely square Chipmonkey.

Almost bedtime. Night all x

chipmonkey Wed 07-Mar-12 23:03:12

Mias, you are not letting the team down. I reckon Cucumberpatch don't know what's hit them! One of the colours I ordered was out of stock, so rather than wait for it I emailed them and asked them to change it. But the way I've gone, I've ordered so much wool I reckon I could nearly do a blanket by myself!

This thread is not accepting new messages.