CAN WE DO ANOTHER BLANKET FOR MRSKWAZII?

(55 Posts)
TheRealMBJ Sun 26-Feb-12 13:51:54

MrsKwazii's eldest DD has passed away today after an acident. She was 4. sad

Could we get together and do another blanket?

Methe Sun 26-Feb-12 13:55:52

Oh how absolutely awful sad

I am a very beginner crochetter and suspect my offerings would spoil the overall effects of your blankets but I just wanted to say it is lovely thing to do.

LadySybilDeChocolate Sun 26-Feb-12 13:56:39

sad I saw this on Twitter. Such terrible news, I'm sitting here trying to hold the tears back. A blanket is a lovely idea. I'd be happy to help.

TisPityShesAWhore Sun 26-Feb-12 13:58:27

sad

I'm in while I'm doing for Wubbly.

JulesJules Sun 26-Feb-12 13:59:56

Yes, is anyone in touch in rl?

TheRealMBJ Sun 26-Feb-12 14:00:23

How does this work usually? I have been involved as a crafter before and am currently abroad but am willing to take on an organisational role this time around.

Mouseface Sun 26-Feb-12 14:01:22

Oh no, how terribly sad for them all, I really wish that these blankets weren't needed.

I'm happy to donate cash for the blanket, I'm no good creatively but always happy to help however I can. sad

<sending love and hugs to them all> xx

TheRealMBJ Sun 26-Feb-12 14:02:53

Methe any and every skill level is usually welcomed. I think usually someone contacts the family to ask whether they would like to receive one. Does any one know her in RL?

Mouseface Sun 26-Feb-12 14:03:19

Maybe speak to RatherBeOnThePiste or Knottylocks as they've been involved with other blankets?

AmazingDisgrace Sun 26-Feb-12 14:04:33

Same here, can't knit but happy to give cash towards this. So very sad and have been thinking about her since she tweeted

TheRealMBJ Sun 26-Feb-12 14:07:15

Am on my phone so can't PM. Will start a thread in chat to call them here...

JulesJules Sun 26-Feb-12 14:14:00

Have pmed pistey

hadagutsfull Sun 26-Feb-12 14:17:54

I'm not very good at either knitting or crochet but would give cash if that will help. Such sad news.

TheRealMBJ Sun 26-Feb-12 14:19:26

Thanks JuJu. I'm still stunned sad

BIWI Sun 26-Feb-12 14:21:28

I will happily donate, as cannot knit/sew/crochet for toffee.

Such horrible news sad

WhoremoaneeGrainger Sun 26-Feb-12 14:26:40

I can knit for two just as easily as for one.

DollyTwat Sun 26-Feb-12 14:27:41

It's such a shock it's awful
I'd really like to contribute but can't knit
I can sew though. Are the blankets always knitted or are they patchwork?

Kayzr Sun 26-Feb-12 14:28:13

I can knit some squares. I'm doing some for Wubbly's too.

I can only do basic no pattern squares though.

I saw this on twitter, can still remember talking about her DD on her birthday sad

I cant knit but have plenty of fabric patches etc in my box that am happy to donate.

TheRealMBJ Sun 26-Feb-12 14:30:51

The blankets so far have mostly been crocheted and knitted squares crochet together at the end. There was a patchwork quilt made for Edgar's family that LadyOfTheManor and her mum sewed together. But with the subsequent ones I think logistics were too complicated

rhondajean Sun 26-Feb-12 14:35:39

I don't know mrs kwazii or wubbly but I've seen these blanket threads a few times now, sadly, and I can knit and crochet pretty well. I'd like to help out if it's okay?

It's a lovely thing you do, I would be proud if you would let me be a part of it.

TheRealMBJ Sun 26-Feb-12 14:40:54

I have asked whether they would want to receive a blanket. Am just waiting for a reply.

Also waiting to hear from knotty or pisty. I am willing to do the organisational side as there are a few twitterers who aren't MNetters who would also like to contribute.

FruitShootsAreALittleHorrit Sun 26-Feb-12 14:43:47

I'd like to help too

I can knit. Do the squares have to be specific dimensions, wool type etc?

so sad sad

Ladyface Sun 26-Feb-12 14:43:51

Such awful news sad

I can knit some squares, am doing some for Wubbly's blanket so have plenty of wool.

rubycon Sun 26-Feb-12 14:44:27

I'll knit too, I'm waiting on wool for Wubbly's.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now