Woolly Thank Yous

(154 Posts)
purplepidjin Wed 31-Aug-11 20:31:56

A little thread so I can acknowledge people who have sent squares for the Blankets (Magic8ball, Whatevertheweather and Cheeseandgherkins) and also so that folk know their kindness has arrived safely!

JemimaMuddledUp [star]

Vajazzler (donor) and Rubycon (crafter) [star] [star]

CalRabbit [star]

Soupdragon [star]

Initals MB who did tell me her squares were on their way but I've forgotten the username blush possibly 100years who I know is working to a tight deadline [star]

I have 24 squares already shock which is a 3'x2' blanket all on it's own!

SoupDragon Wed 31-Aug-11 21:03:38

My donor was TimeForCake. I think. Something to do with time and cake anyway blush

100years Wed 31-Aug-11 21:15:24

I am indeed M.B smile glad they have arrived. Thanks for the thread about it. Great to know you've had a good batch so far smile

[star] to all involved

TimeForCake Wed 31-Aug-11 22:03:46

T'was me, yes, soup! Thanks for doing our squares so well. They'll look great smile. (Going to try and learn to crochet now).

purplepidjin Thu 01-Sep-11 14:32:11

Today's post brought woolly lovelies from

MumWithTheDragonTattoo [star]

and

RatherBeOnThePiste (or whatever random namechange you're under) [star]

I will be taking them camping with me and will make WTW's blanket in time for the funeral sad

purplepidjin Mon 05-Sep-11 11:08:57

Thank you's over the weekend to:

Coffeeandchocolateplease [star]

PurpleKnittingMum [star]

And two sent recorded I need to get into town and fetch! As I got home from a weekend camping at 1am this morning, that's likely to be tomorrow blush

purplepidjin Mon 05-Sep-11 11:48:38

Meow75 [star] just dropped through my letter box grin

KnottyLocks Mon 05-Sep-11 11:50:27

Marking my space in an attempt to keep track of things. smile

Oh sorry purple that's my fault, one of those will be mine. I didn't want them to go missing on the way so sent them recorded. There's a surprise for you as well in there so worth going to the PO. smile

purplepidjin Mon 05-Sep-11 15:51:36

Need some energy first, Bear! I'm actually contemplating an afternoon nap shock Camping always makes me tired, then DP kept stopping on the way home because i mentioned I might like to use a clean loo at some point if he was stopping anyway. The trouble was, it took 4 service stations to find one so my attempts to sleep in the car were (kindly) thwarted! Meh, collections office isn't open til tomorrow now anyway, and the bunny like it at his grandparents... zzzzzzzzzzzz

purplepidjin Tue 06-Sep-11 11:38:40

Today my poor drenched postman (yes, he was a bloke) brought me woolly lovelies from

DutchOma [star]

PuddleofPiddle [star]

Thank you!

purplepidjin Wed 07-Sep-11 11:56:03

Picked up from the sorting office this morning:

BearGryllsBra [star]

LatteLady [star]

Poor Postdude, groaning under the weight, brought woolliness from:

WhoremoaneeGranger [star]

Hulababy and Angelpantser [star] [star]

Anonymous 6 in green, pink and cream [star]

Pinkthechaffinch [star]

Georgimama and Thumbwithc [star] [star]

BatteryHen and RedHeadGal [star] [star]

Thank you, everyone! [star]

WhoremoaneeGrainger Wed 07-Sep-11 13:24:07

Think you and knotty deserve one of these (if MNHQ would let us)

/\
\ /
/_ _\
\/

Sort of thing..

WhoremoaneeGrainger Wed 07-Sep-11 13:26:51

Well that didnt work did it? Bloody thing!

Oh glad to see mine have arrived!

That'll be me blush Forgot to put any info in! The pink, cream and green!

gapants Wed 07-Sep-11 22:03:38

oh no, you should have mine by now I would have thought, posted on Monday...feck feck feck.

4 pale blue squares, 2 hearts, one basket weave and one a diagonal design thingy.

purplepidjin Wed 07-Sep-11 22:43:32

I'll check in the morning, gapants. I've been staring at Reed and Office Angels for the last three hours job hunting <tears out hair>

purplepidjin Thu 08-Sep-11 10:00:29

Not yet, Ga, but that doesn't mean they won't turn up today [star]

peeoffkitty Thu 08-Sep-11 10:13:29

I've done one square and am hoping to get another 2 out of my ball of wool. when is the last date for sending off?

purplepidjin Thu 08-Sep-11 10:45:37

Tomorrow to me for magic8, peeoff, and Saturday 17th to Knotty for Cheese and WTW [star]

Pinot Thu 08-Sep-11 10:55:01

Purple, the squares for Magic8 and WTW made with my wool and by Songbird are ready to be sent. I'll get on it straight away smile

purplepidjin Thu 08-Sep-11 11:06:22

Ooh, yay, nice postlady today! Here goes on the opening...

Appleblossoms [star]

Trumpton [star]

Gapants [star] (See?? See??)

MrsFred [star]

Tsil and theglove [star] [star] awesome awesome cats!! get a piccy up, missis!

Herbietea [star]

<note to self, purple/green combo must only be used for Magic's>

I promise I will do my best to remember everyone's wishes. I'll take the notes with me to meet Ivy so we can sort through [worried about screwing up emoticon]

gapants Thu 08-Sep-11 11:32:48

Oh thank goodness! So relieved. Thank you for doing this and all the joining up. (star)

trumpton Thu 08-Sep-11 11:38:58

And [star] to you too. I am back in bed with a flare up of tooth infection ( stupid tooth isn't even there any more !!) waiting for more antibiotics and feeling rubbish. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now