Another blanket sadly needed :(

(949 Posts)
purplepidjin Thu 18-Aug-11 10:52:57

I've just heard the sad news about Magic8ballhasstheanswers leaving 6mo twins and a 4yo sad

If anybody would like to show their condolences, post here and we'll organise it. I'll take on construction again unless someone else would like a turn?

IvySedai (who messaged me to let me know) is happy to co-ordinate so PM's from Donors and Crafters needing a match to her please.

Previous squares were 6", knitted or crocheted. Blues, pinks and purples were the most popular colours. Debbie Bliss Cashmerino or Rowan Cashsoft DK (links are just the first ones I found on google) It's also available in John Lewis.

Lastly, was there anything in particular that Magic liked and could be incorporated in the design?

I think I'm having techno meltdown - because I've checked both my email addresses and can't see anything.

Its not something tricksy in my personal settings that I need to do to receive a message, is it?

Alternatively, provided that it isn't a name changer I know Littlefish, who I think was on this thread so will email her directly - apologies for utter cack handedness on technology front. Perhaps I should be moving across to Gransnet. grin

purplepidjin Wed 07-Sep-11 21:07:39

If you're on a proper computer, Wooluff, have a look at the top of the page. Two purple boxes side by side in the centre. Left hand one says "Log out" and the right hand one has an envelope beside and then says "Inbox"

Is the envelope yellow?

Oh Holy Mother I'm such a dweeb. Gransnet it is then.

Littlefish Wed 07-Sep-11 21:14:54

<waves to ludite wooluff>

purplepidjin Wed 07-Sep-11 21:32:12

How are you supposed to know if no-one ever tells you confused

ignorance does not equal stupidity [star]

Muser Wed 07-Sep-11 21:32:56

When's the latest I can get squares out? I have done two and am casting on a third. If I need to post asap I'll send my two and this third can be for the other blanket that I see is needed.

purplepidjin Wed 07-Sep-11 22:47:41

Last posting to me for magic is this Friday

Last posting to KnottyLocks for Cheeseandgherkins and WTW is Saturday 17th

Anything sent to me that isn't used will be passed on to Knotty when I see her to scoff chocolate cake

Narketta Wed 07-Sep-11 22:50:12

I will be posting my squares to you tomorrow purple. Sorry about the delay.

purplepidjin Wed 07-Sep-11 23:04:35

What delay? confused

Narketta Wed 07-Sep-11 23:10:10

Ok so not a delay as such, but I've had them sitting here for over a week waiting to be posted and I keep forgetting them.

Ladyface Thu 08-Sep-11 08:09:54

I've finally finished my square. Where do I send it?

My square is in the post today. Only the one this time, sorry. The wrong yarn was sent to me, and there wasnt time to replace it, but I managed to cobble together a square out of four short scraps of yarn left over from Blondes' blanket.

purplepidjin Thu 08-Sep-11 09:42:43

Ah, fair enough Narketta grin as long as they're posted tomorrow it's all cool - I'm meeting Ivy on Tuesday to divide them into their blankets [star]

Ladyface you will shortly have PM [star]

Pretty, you should have said! I've got spare, or we could have found you a donor sad [star]

purplepidjin can you pm me your address so i can send the mum squares. I also have initial squares, which two would you like?
x

LadyWellian Thu 08-Sep-11 14:35:46

I'm with Narketta on this one - they're ready (only two sadly, as have been busy) and I will take them to the post office tomorrow.

We only came back from holiday on Sunday, and with the posting deadline being today I didn't think it would be possible to get more yarn in time.

Luckily I'm a domestic slattern and hadn't tidied up my knitting bag grin

alibubbles Fri 09-Sep-11 23:01:37

6 squares going in the post tomorrow

Help, no, is it finished? sad

purplepidjinawoollytangle Sun 25-Sep-11 20:42:00

magic 8's squares have been shared out, but more blankets are needed if you'd like to get involved?

New thread here

Muser Thu 02-Feb-12 19:26:04

Just wanted to update this thread so everyone who contributed can know what happened. We handed 3 blankets over to magic's husband today, one for each of his girls. They were so beautiful and he was incredibly touched. Thank you everyone who knitted a square or donated money to buy wool. And big thanks to the lovely ladies who turned a heap of little squares into 3 of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.

xxx

Trumpton Thu 02-Feb-12 19:37:47

Thank you so much for letting us know. So so proud to have helped with the Woolly Hugs .

SoupDragon Fri 03-Feb-12 15:32:41

Fabulous smile

KateUnrulyBush Mon 06-Feb-12 04:35:48

Lovely news, what an amazing project, mn at it's finest.

Thank you to the crafters who put the blankets together, such a painstaking task.

Very happy to know they are with Magic's family now x

Wooly hugs all round for everyone involved. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now