Anyone want to take on TK Maxx?

(22 Posts)

meant to say thanks!

oh ok tdos

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Tue 12-Mar-13 18:39:02

She was bumping a bunch of FWR threads for technical reasons a few days ago, HHT.

why did Olivia re-bump the zombie thread?

yourioname Sun 10-Mar-13 01:48:23

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

PretzelTime Sat 09-Mar-13 12:42:14

Looks like a banned poster bumped this thread from 2010...

samandi Sat 09-Mar-13 12:32:27

I like shopping far more than my husband does. I am different to him, and a lot of those differences can be attributed to my own biological make-up - women are different to men and we should be celebrating that!

My boyfriend likes shopping far more than I do. Does that mean he's a woman and I'm a man? hmm

I don't think it's particularly funny, as I don't really like shopping and I don't think roadworks are particularly difficult to get around, but I can see how people who buy into gender stereotypes would.

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 06-Mar-13 18:18:10

bump

NameWithDrawn22 Mon 04-Mar-13 13:14:33

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

katiemamam Sat 20-Mar-10 07:51:16

oooh i'm from belfast and i know what you mean Tee - the pavements are a flippin nightmare...

and am outraged at the sign. except that it's true.

but, tell you what, place roadworks between my husband and a store selling CDs and there would be very little stopping him!!

MrsWobbleTheWaitress Sat 20-Mar-10 07:40:12

I know you were making a joke, but this is what pisses me off about feminism. Feminism isn't about making women the same as men it's about making their lives equal in terms of opportunities, pay, choices, status etc.

I like shopping far more than my husband does. I am different to him, and a lot of those differences can be attributed to my own biological make-up - women are different to men and we should be celebrating that!

Draw a big cock on it. WIth hairy bollocks.

Tee2072 Thu 18-Mar-10 16:00:19

<whispers back: especially for a deal at TK Maxx>

TheCrackFox Thu 18-Mar-10 15:59:22

Fucking fuckers!

<Whisper: they do have a point, though.>

Tee2072 Thu 18-Mar-10 15:45:21

I think it was probably a woman also!

And yes, I feel much better now! grin

probonbon Thu 18-Mar-10 15:24:26

fucking bastards how dare they

will that do?

<thinks was probably a woman who wrote it>

Tee2072 Thu 18-Mar-10 15:20:46

I was at least hoping for some feminist outrage!

probonbon Thu 18-Mar-10 15:07:28

<snort>

norty

did you expect bristles and bridling

Tee2072 Thu 18-Mar-10 14:39:30

I actually do think its very funny. I was just shit stirring, I admit it freely.

cupcakesinthesnow Thu 18-Mar-10 14:00:00

LOL - makes it more interesting than the dull 'open for business' signs and they get noticed. Job done

probonbon Thu 18-Mar-10 13:56:46

so what -- it's a joke

Tee2072 Thu 18-Mar-10 13:50:24

So all of Belfast City Centre is currently under construction as they replace perfectly good stone pavements with new stone pavements. hmm Oh and upgrade our water system or something.

Anyway, as a result it is an obstacle course to get to the various shops and all of the shops have signs saying 'Mothercare, Open for Business' with an arrow pointing.

Except TK Maxx. Their sign says 'TK Maxx. Open for business because not even roadworks stop a woman from shopping.'

shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now