Yazidi Victims fight back.

(11 Posts)
FannyWisdom Mon 21-Nov-16 18:33:02

Has anyone watched these women on BBC iplayer?

A snip of the blurb........

Two years after the genocide, Stacey spends a tough and moving two weeks with this battalion of brave young women. Formed by the renowned Yazidi singer Xate Shingali they have transformed into brave fighters. Many of them have escaped the incomprehensible horrors of ISIS and are determined to rescue Yazidi women still under ISIS control. These female fighters strike fear into the heart of the Jihadists as they believe if they are killed by a woman they will not make it the heavenly afterlife.

It's hard watching, really fucking hard.

Brave doesn't cover it.

Pizanfan Mon 21-Nov-16 18:37:55

I havn't seen the programme, but read about the Sun brigade previously.

Truly inspirational!

FannyWisdom Mon 21-Nov-16 18:42:28

Stacey Dooley gets quite close to the women, in a bubbly irritating Louis Thereaux way and they go all the way to the front line.

Highly recommend watching it big gin

Pizanfan Mon 21-Nov-16 18:58:04

I will do, I hadn't heard of the TV show, thanks for the pointer.

I quite like Stacey Dooley, in a no judgement, common sense kind of way.

VestalVirgin Mon 21-Nov-16 19:02:32

These female fighters strike fear into the heart of the Jihadists as they believe if they are killed by a woman they will not make it the heavenly afterlife.

They should have thought of that before they attacked women, then.

Really, I cannot believe that they truly believe this; you'd think they'd be more careful to avoid women's anger.

originalmavis Mon 21-Nov-16 19:10:59

If they really believe they will get 70 virgins to rape for eternity (how does that work then? Are they re-virginating women, is the stock replenished so there is always a harem if 70, are they dead women or spirits...?) Then surely it's not pushing it to believe that if they get offed by a woman they go to hell /become one of 70 virgins to be raped for eternity (now wouldn't that would be a nice twist?).

FreshwaterSelkie Mon 21-Nov-16 19:14:10

I'd like to watch, it sounds harrowing but interesting. Can I just check, what's the title, so I can find it? Same as the thread title?

FannyWisdom Mon 21-Nov-16 19:17:07

If you haven't already seen the BBC prog Mavis please give it a go it's worth it to see these women relishing and mocking the opportunity to serve this final insult.

FannyWisdom Mon 21-Nov-16 19:19:02

bbc.in/2gejX7s

Oops

Girls guns and ISIS..

FreshwaterSelkie Mon 21-Nov-16 19:27:08

thanks!

FannyWisdom Mon 21-Nov-16 19:32:46

No problem.

The title really doesn't do it justice.
I think Stacey and the fashionable title are just the age group to make the programme.

I don't often say this but anyone who opens this thread please give this a watch.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now