Trans media watch are lobbying mnhq

(736 Posts)
BeyondTheHarpy Thu 17-Nov-16 17:35:04

I know this has already been mentioned in the PL thread, but I thought it might be an idea to bring it to the attention of mners in a thread of its own.

After the PL debacle, there followed a thread in AIBU about toilet. On which this post appeared...
"I'm with you OP and I'm horrified by the transphobia on Mumsnet. I have done some work with Transmedia Watch who are trying to persuade MNHQ to treat transphobia as they would treat any other hate crime. I don't know what MNHQ have against the trans community or why they don't challenge the widespread belief that trans women are rapists in frocks who want to see fannies."

So, yeah, just letting you know that they are (allegedly) on the case with mnhq.

Xenophile Thu 17-Nov-16 17:40:55

Yes, I saw that not written by Paris Lees at all post too. It does explain a lot about the sudden change in moderation policy, because no one is allowed to speak truth about this issue unless it's the TAs truth. So not truth at all.

PlectrumElectrum Thu 17-Nov-16 17:49:52

Explains a lot. hmm

Crankycunt Thu 17-Nov-16 17:55:36

I am still Spartacus.

PlectrumElectrum Thu 17-Nov-16 17:59:22

Me toosmile

KarlosKKrinkelbeim Thu 17-Nov-16 17:59:34

If the trans lobby really identified as women - as opposed to being obsessed with invading female space and writing women's experience out of history - wouldn't they be focussing on lobbying instead the numerous sites that host misogynist discourse?
The fact that they focus their energy on a site where women come to express themselves freely speaks tells us what these people are really about.

BiscuitMillionaire Thu 17-Nov-16 18:04:03

Also, anything-phobia isn't a crime. It's actions in real life that are crimes. There's no such thing as a thought crime... not yet, anyway.

KateInKorea Thu 17-Nov-16 18:19:34

Agree with all of you.

katiegoestoaldi Thu 17-Nov-16 18:22:00

Also agree with all of you. The trans lobby makes my teeth itch, and not because I am anti trans per se, but because of how they're going about their lobbying

TeaPleaseLouise Thu 17-Nov-16 18:23:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

KarlosKKrinkelbeim Thu 17-Nov-16 18:24:35

I am also a bit tired of the misuse of the term "phobia". I am not frightened of you. I merely disagree with you. No amount of shrieking and finger pointing will change that, I'm afraid.

WordGetsAround Thu 17-Nov-16 18:28:36

This will be the 'post-truth' thing we're hearing all about - playing out in real life. If a man with male DNA, a penis and testosterone running through his body calls himself a female, he's a female. Post-truth indeed.

Blueisnotforglue Thu 17-Nov-16 18:28:45

I am Spartacus

TheCountessofFitzdotterel Thu 17-Nov-16 18:30:56

Yy Karlos, disagreement isn't phobia, and calling it that is just part of the long sexist history of trivialising women's words and stigmatising them for daring to argue.
Won't wash. Still Spartacus.

FeedMeAndTellMeImPretty Thu 17-Nov-16 18:32:39

Karlos If the trans lobby really identified as women - as opposed to being obsessed with invading female space and writing women's experience out of history - wouldn't they be focussing on lobbying instead the numerous sites that host misogynist discourse?

The fact that they focus their energy on a site where women come to express themselves freely speaks tells us what these people are really about.

flowers thank you for putting this into perspective so perfectly.

exWifebeginsat40 Thu 17-Nov-16 18:36:36

and on and on and fucking on. do you people never get bored of reciting the same old toss at each other?

BeyondTheHarpy Thu 17-Nov-16 18:38:37

Nope smile

RufusTheSpartacusReindeer Thu 17-Nov-16 18:38:56

I really would like to make my name christmassy again

But i feel i will be letting the side down smile

GinAndTunic Thu 17-Nov-16 18:38:57

Still SpartacusAutisticus.

NoSunNoMoon Thu 17-Nov-16 18:39:54

TERF and proud.

Smartleatherbag Thu 17-Nov-16 18:40:28

No, we're bored of having women's rights eroded, exwife

BeyondTheHarpy Thu 17-Nov-16 18:45:41

Does a chat board even count as "media"?

Xenophile Thu 17-Nov-16 18:47:45

Actually exWife, this is new toss. Sorry you can't read.

Scooby20 Thu 17-Nov-16 18:51:56

Still spartacus.

It's just another show of what their agenda is really about.

EmpressOfTheSevenOceans Thu 17-Nov-16 18:53:36

Oh come on. You all know all the male violence against transwomen is down to the nasty feminists. We should all be saying sorry and recognising our (literally) bleeding cis privilege.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now