Some good news today

(11 Posts)

In light of the Ched Evans verdict I thought this was worth sharing (the link is to Notts police)

Long overdue
http://www.nottinghamshire.police.uk/news/2016-10-14/man-jailed-controlling-behaviour-under-new-law?utm_source=nottspolice&utm_medium=block-img-text&utm_campaign=homepage

clicky

scallopsrgreat Fri 14-Oct-16 19:15:33

Nottingham police do seem to be more proactive than most when it comes to male violence against women. Good on them!

AyeAmarok Fri 14-Oct-16 19:20:27

Glad to get some good news today. Thanks OP! Much needed.

Some of that story of what the woman went through sounds familiar, I wonder if she was a MNetter (although I guess these bastards are pretty much the same and it's often a familiar story).

Well done that woman flowers

I agree Notts police do seem to be one of the more forward thinking police forces, let's hope we see more news like this.

isthistoonosy Fri 14-Oct-16 19:45:14

Why are notts so forward thinking on this compared to others forces?

AnyFucker Fri 14-Oct-16 19:50:43

great news

but why is it so fucking noteworthy ? <fumes>

(sorry, just a bit pissed off today)

scallopsrgreat Fri 14-Oct-16 19:52:28

Yep there should be thousands of these convictions a year.

venusinscorpio Fri 14-Oct-16 22:03:53

Thank you for sharing. A glimmer of light on a dark day.

Matchingbluesocks Fri 14-Oct-16 22:06:58

Notts were the police force involved with the woman whose story featured in the bbc3 documentary "murdered by my boyfriend".

They were highly criticised following her death for failing to protect her and made many changes as a result. It's great that they seem to have been effective and closely enforced.

venusinscorpio Fri 14-Oct-16 22:17:05

I saw that. It was horrific.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now