Is there a man on the front of covergirl

(17 Posts)
WinchesterWoman Wed 12-Oct-16 18:07:30

?

Felascloak Wed 12-Oct-16 18:17:35

Yes. It is a GNC malet who identifies as a man. Great stuff.

WinchesterWoman Wed 12-Oct-16 19:16:54

It's great to have men in makeup and not claiming to be women. Shame he's not on the front of a men's magazine.

Marbleheadjohnson Wed 12-Oct-16 19:19:30

As in the make up brand? MAC has used males for their campaigns in the past, I think it's good.

FlapsTie Wed 12-Oct-16 19:21:16

I love this. It's great to see men wearing makeup without claiming it makes them women.

charliedontsurf Wed 12-Oct-16 19:23:58

One of DSis's friends posted this on fb under the heading 'yesssss, equality!!!'. I don't think she was being sarcastic.

He does look good, I'm all for men wearing make up it they want to.

Marbleheadjohnson Wed 12-Oct-16 19:25:13

Is it a magazine? I thought it was just like Rimmel or Bourjois or whatever

FuzzyWizard Wed 12-Oct-16 19:26:05

I think this is great too. I'd like to see makeup become something that some people like and others don't rather than something specifically associated with women.

WinchesterWoman Wed 12-Oct-16 19:44:16

Oh marble I don't know. Bit clueless bout this stuff

Eevee77 Wed 12-Oct-16 19:49:18

Indeed it is. He's amazing with makeup, only 17. I think it's pretty cool.

Marbleheadjohnson Wed 12-Oct-16 19:52:45

WinchesterWoman grin me too. I used to devour magazines but haven't a clue now, apart from the Sainsburys one. I know CG make up is still big in the US, wondered if they have a magazine too. Looks like they don't, but have picked a man to be brand ambassador.

Either way, it's great I think.

MorrisZapp Wed 12-Oct-16 19:56:17

There's a bloke who does makeup videos on YouTube, not to my own taste but he's very good. Men in makeup, this is what I'd like to see much more of.

WinchesterWoman Wed 12-Oct-16 20:51:05

Ok that's cool smile I thought it was a magazine, so first I thought 'another transwoman given the headlines' and was suitably outraged, then i realised it was a man and thought 'no but he should be on a men's magazine not a women's magazine' and was outraged all over again, and now I realise he's advertising make up, and there's no magazine involved at all. I'm worn out now. Good luck to the lad. Can't even do eyeshadow myself. Do they even call it that anymore?

WinchesterWoman Wed 12-Oct-16 20:51:59

Morris: I agree: my son feels sorry for the boys at his school who have acne and thinks it terribly unfair that they can't cover it up like the girls do. He thinks make up should be totally normal for boys.

MorrisZapp Wed 12-Oct-16 20:56:55

It's exhausting isn't it smile

carmenta Wed 12-Oct-16 21:03:15

He looks amazing. I think it's great that he's so clear that he's a boy who sees makeup as a form of artistic expression, not trans. Refreshing not to have traditionally female things be appropriated by a gender agenda, but just celebrated.

Bue Wed 12-Oct-16 21:12:07

When I first saw this headline and the picture I immediately braced myself for the trans angle. I think I practically fist-pumped when I saw it's just a young guy who thinks makeup is cool. And makeup is cool, if it's what you're into, and I wish it were more acceptable for men to wear it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now