Recommended Radfem forums/groups?

(7 Posts)
Lifejustbounces Fri 22-Jul-16 09:24:24

I keep seeing posts where people hint they are members of welcoming radfem forums but the names of these sites never seem to get mentioned (or if they do I miss them). Would anyone mind sharing some recommended Facebook groups, meet ups - anything really. I follow a lot of activists and radfem groups on twitter/facebook but would like something with a bit more interaction and a lot of places I’ve searched out don’t seem to have much traffic.

I’m interested in all recommendations but would particularly love to hear of anything that is for radfem parents. I’m a lesbian sahp in London and I’m yet to meet another parent who even thinks gender is a social construct and believe me I’ve checked - as you can imagine I’m a riot at toddler groups! Please help me!

Ta

VestalVirgin Fri 22-Jul-16 13:29:21

I know of no forums, but there are some gender critical blogs with active comment sections.

Like gendertrender.wordpress.com

Lifejustbounces Fri 22-Jul-16 15:04:41

Thanks, I'll take a look.

HeyRobot Fri 22-Jul-16 19:53:22

<Waves at Lifejustbounces>

I'm in London and believe gender is a social construct. I always knew that society gives us messages about gender conformity but until I had DD I didn't realise how full on it is from so young.

Lifejustbounces Mon 25-Jul-16 16:28:25

Hi Heyrobot! Looks like we'll have to start our own group ;)

Yes, it’s a real eyeopener having a child and I’ve definitely become more feminist because of it.

HeyRobot Mon 25-Jul-16 21:40:46

I haven't asked about gender as a social construct but have got as far as rolling my eyes at the mummies on the bus going chatter chatter chatter, and saying that daddy would get short shrift if he tried shushing me.

wantingresults Mon 25-Jul-16 21:57:33

reddit has a gender critical bit that's worth a look...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now