Perhaps it is finally time......

(29 Posts)
BertrandRussell Tue 12-Jul-16 09:29:05

... to give up.

Itscurtainsforyou Tue 12-Jul-16 09:31:31

Ffs angry

FreshwaterSelkie Tue 12-Jul-16 09:48:46

Oh, honestly, just fuck that shit. FUCK.THAT. What is wrong with the world just now?

I am very jaded this morning, so potentially on a hair trigger, but that is just atrocious. Yeah, a woman in power must be a domantrix type, crushing men under her heel. I can't abide Theresa May, but she deserves better than that.

Felascloak Tue 12-Jul-16 10:34:42

So much wrong with that. Fucking Sun.angry

BertrandRussell Tue 12-Jul-16 10:36:51

I just put it on Facebook with "I have no words...." and two people I know thought I was talking about the shoes. <shoots self>

LilacSpunkMonkey Tue 12-Jul-16 10:38:11

I walked into the shop this morning, saw that and just felt my shoulders slump.

But do we really expect any better from The Scum?

TomHiddlestonsDignity Tue 12-Jul-16 10:40:01

They were just saying on the radio t'other day about how no-one was making a fuss about having two women in the final leadership contest and female leaders in general and it was good.

And now this.

Xenophile Tue 12-Jul-16 10:46:15

Oh, I thought she had got there on merit and shit?

Seems we were wrong, and she's got there because of her wonderful taste in shoes.

Fuck.

Right.

Off,

sorenofthejnaii Tue 12-Jul-16 10:53:38

Just wait till the DM has its 'cat walk' line up.

Maybe it will get better in 100 years?

I do wonder if any one on the Sun (or the DM) questions such sexism and points it out - or if they realise there's no point as it's so engrained.

BeyondBeyondBeyondBeyondBeyond Wed 13-Jul-16 08:04:51

Jesus. H.
Sadly not a surprise though

EBearhug Wed 13-Jul-16 08:13:37

You're not actually going to give up, though, are you? Use the anger!

HumphreyCobblers Wed 13-Jul-16 08:15:31

arse

I was already annoyed today as well

BeyondBeyondBeyondBeyondBeyond Wed 13-Jul-16 08:16:58

And there was me thinking I couldn't be PM due to my lack of political know-how.
Nope, it's the Dr Martens grin

StealthPolarBear Wed 13-Jul-16 08:19:16

<sigh>
Guessing on her first official business even the less trashy newspapers will lead with what she wears and how her hair looks.
And of course the shoes.
oh and she might say some stuff and make some decisions.

LadyStarkOfWinterfell Wed 13-Jul-16 08:21:14

Fuck fuck fuck angry

RageAgainstTheTagine Wed 13-Jul-16 08:26:59

I'm betting her time as pm will be filled with headlines with words like:
Feisty
Ball breaker
Bossy
Maybe a few 'PM...T' jokes

Kalispera Wed 13-Jul-16 08:34:47

Even on Radio 4 this morning they described women getting Cabinet jobs as 'girl power' angryx a million.

imwithspud Wed 13-Jul-16 08:35:38

I don't like her but ffs this is just disgraceful.

BertrandRussell Wed 13-Jul-16 08:39:25

And the language being used about her is just disgraceful.

scallopsrgreat Wed 13-Jul-16 10:53:43

Saw this earlier and thought it really highlights the underlying sexism in the media - most of which goes unnoticed or is accepted.

If the media wrote about Philip May the way they write about Samantha Cameron

BertrandRussell Wed 13-Jul-16 11:42:46

That's brilliant!

LastGirlOnTheLeft Wed 13-Jul-16 14:06:31

Hah!!! I love things like that when the sexes are reversed - it really shows how utterly ridiculous it all is. Sometimes you need to see that to drive home just how women are treated in the media.

TeiTetua Wed 13-Jul-16 16:04:29

I'm always very dubious about blame being put on "the media". They're profit-making businesses, and is what's being served something that attracts the readers? Of course the answer is "yes"; there's great interest in how women in public life present themselves, and I think it's fair to say that most of it comes from women.

Angela Merkel must be the despair of these journalists and their readers. Look totally boring, just get the job done.

Kalispera Wed 13-Jul-16 16:10:13

Tei I can't agree that most of the 'interest' in how women appear in public comes from woman.

Why there's any interest in how women appear as opposed to what they say or do is beyond me anyway, but still.

sorenofthejnaii Wed 13-Jul-16 16:59:32

I have no doubt that tomorrow's papers will comment on what she is wearing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now