Miriam Ben Shalom proudly proclaiming her PERFdom

(19 Posts)
AskBasil Sun 01-May-16 12:07:06

This article here is well worth a read. Miriam Ben Shalom has done so much for gay rights, but she doesn't comply with trans-ideology, so she's not allowed to be a grand marshall in the Milwaukee Pride Parade.

TensionWheelsCoolHeels Sun 01-May-16 15:11:36

Thanks for posting - having read the link, with comments, I think I too would like to declare my PERF-dom. I think that adequately summarises my feelings/views on this whole debate. smile

PalmerViolet Sun 01-May-16 17:16:49

A dear friend of mine has been calling herself a PERF for a while now.

The AFTAs are a touch bemused by it, but it does mean the men know where they stand with her, even if they are wearing frocks.

AskBasil Sun 01-May-16 17:30:46

AFTAs?

PalmerViolet Sun 01-May-16 17:44:48

Anti-feminist trans-activists.

They aint the only ones who can come up with acronyms.

AlistairSim Sun 01-May-16 17:52:59

I am such a big PERF.

catkirk Sun 01-May-16 17:58:27

PERF checking in here.

RomComPhooey Sun 01-May-16 18:01:24

Is P = penis?

AskBasil Sun 01-May-16 18:03:46

Hahhahahahah

I have learned 2 new acronyms today.

Will use them copiously.

grin

WeMustSurelyBeLearning Sun 01-May-16 18:07:37

Her response is brilliant. It encapsulates how I feel about this issue and I'm sure many other women too. In a way it is a good thing that she was banned, it might wake up a lot of people to the threat women face from the trans activist movement. Well done to her for standing up for women!

Clonakiltylil Sun 01-May-16 23:03:52

I think this deserves wider coverage. I have quoted the article to my friends with whom I have been having arguments about the trans lobby. I can't believe the hypocrisy of these people, but her response is refreshing. Good for her.

RJnomore1 Sun 01-May-16 23:14:16

PERF here too. Brilliant letter from her.

YonicTrowel Mon 02-May-16 07:29:34

Thank you, Basil.

QueenLaBeefah Mon 02-May-16 07:41:41

Looks like I'm a PERF too.

AskBasil Mon 02-May-16 10:41:50

RomComFuey - yes, PERF stands for

Penis Exclusionary Radical Feminist.

grin

PinkIndustry Mon 02-May-16 15:14:26

Very interesting article. I guess I'm a PERF too, then. Though I can't help feeling that it's come to something when, of all the rather 'out-there' ideas that I have considered and agreed with over my life, the really wild notion, the one that sees me finally labelled as 'radical', is the opinion that someone with a penis is not a woman!! smile

RandomBecauseFuckJournos Mon 02-May-16 21:52:32

PERF here.

shinynewusername Tue 03-May-16 23:01:04

I can't help feeling that it's come to something when, of all the rather 'out-there' ideas that I have considered and agreed with over my life, the really wild notion, the one that sees me finally labelled as 'radical', is the opinion that someone with a penis is not a woman!!

This.

Bue Wed 04-May-16 11:35:36

I loved one of the commenters' use of PERFECT to coin a name for the movement:

Penis Exclusionary Radical Feminists Effecting Change Together

Brilliant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now