#dontmancriminate

(14 Posts)
Polidori Thu 28-Apr-16 19:16:29

Did anyone see the recent hilarious #dontmancriminate hashtag on Twitter?
Regrettably it was not a joke.
Ways in which these poor chaps feel they are victims of discrimination is the fact that short men can't wear high heels.
(I use the word 'fact' as loosely as it's possible to use a word without it falling to pieces)

CandPthisyoufuckers Thu 28-Apr-16 19:18:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

tribpot Thu 28-Apr-16 19:20:15

Yes, no-one rocked a Cuban heel like Prince. But also they can wear them if they want to (I can't imagine why they would, I certainly don't) - doing something which took them outside the prevailing social norms for their gender would give them an insight into most of our lives, I suspect.

They can't use Tampax either - life is indeed harsh.

MarthaCliffYouCunt Thu 28-Apr-16 19:22:14

Of course they can use heels. And tampax. Many men do.

SnarkintheDark Thu 28-Apr-16 19:23:16

Eddie Izzard rocks a pair of stilettos too! Especially with his perfectly shellacked nails

CandPthisyoufuckers Thu 28-Apr-16 19:25:25

Polidori Thu 28-Apr-16 19:27:52

Short men can wear high heels

Indeed they can - I don't believe there's any rule prohibiting tall ones doing so either!
But clearly these men elect to self-identify as oppressed people, so perhaps we are obliged to sympathise.
Another gripe was that stupid men can't be blonde. Perhaps it's the "e" on the end they're unhappy about?

CandPthisyoufuckers Thu 28-Apr-16 19:29:28

Polidori Thu 28-Apr-16 19:31:01

I don't think it's really the e they're unhappy about. I was being silly.

sixinabed Thu 28-Apr-16 19:46:18

They're upset that men don't get blond jokes aimed at them? Because that's a privilege hmm
What about Essex girl boy jokes - do they want those too.
This must have been a joke surely?

Polidori Thu 28-Apr-16 20:42:50

This must have been a joke surely?

Tragically, not. I assumed so at first, but this was a serious attempt at MRA.

0phelia Thu 28-Apr-16 21:35:55

I haven't seen the twitter, but I can imagine there's much "women get a better deal in divorce" and let me guess... "women get a better deal out of the education system" and oh one more "women get jobs that men are better at doing because companies have quotas" am I close? grin

crazycatdad Thu 28-Apr-16 23:28:10

My wife won't let me breastfeed our son #dontmancriminate #ihavenipplestoo

Polidori Thu 28-Apr-16 23:30:10

Yes Ophelia that kind of thing certainly got a mention! Awfully predictable. But things like complaining about the unavailability of high heels for short men were new ones on me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now