Stoneline cooking ware - what they put on their lorries

(11 Posts)
Lilymaid Thu 18-Feb-16 10:46:42

Not sure whether this should be in Feminism or Good Housekeeping!
I was surprised to see this advert for Stoneline frying pans on the side of a lorry when travelling to work (in England) today. Is this normal advertising in the UK in 2016 ... or in Germany?

uglyswan Thu 18-Feb-16 12:03:08

Hi OP, that ad did the rounds last June and was quietly withdrawn after being featured on a couple of not buying your sexist shit websites. I am surprised it's still around in the UK!

Lilymaid Thu 18-Feb-16 12:18:22

I was confronted with it on the side of a big lorry at a roundabout in Cambridgeshire this morning! Still around ... and possibly a traffic hazard as well!

uglyswan Thu 18-Feb-16 12:23:03

shock Well shit! Will have to have a go at their facebook page later on today...

VestalVirgin Fri 26-Feb-16 16:02:08

I cannot believe the stupid. I mean, the fact that it's horribly sexist is one thing, but to whom do they want to sell that stuff? To men? Because I don't think many women will feel tempted to buy it. You don't usually buy frying pans to feel sexy.

NeverEverAnythingEver Fri 26-Feb-16 19:30:02

It's for men who would buy them for their wives as birthday presents and then there will be divorces. Hence it's a conspiracy by divorce lawyers.

partialderivative Sat 27-Feb-16 03:36:21

Maybe it appeals to Yorkie Bar eating male lorry drivers who want to fall into a stereotype.

I don't speak German, can anyone translate what is written on the side of the lorry.

Greater minds than mine will be along in a moment, but it's something to the effect of "can frying cooking be this beautiful?!".

I agree: if this was allegedly pulled in June last year but is still around, that's extra special nasty.

I do like Never's divorce lawyer theory, though. grin

TheDowagerCuntess Sat 27-Feb-16 05:34:14

They've obviously done their market research, and realise there's a huge untapped market of misogynist lesbian home cooks that they need to appeal to.

onahorsewithnoname Sat 27-Feb-16 20:44:07

grin

VestalVirgin Sat 27-Feb-16 21:42:46

@partial: It's "Could fat-free cooking be more beautiful?", apparently those frying pans are with teflon or something.

Maybe the woman is also supposed to be fat-free?

Divorce lawyer theory is awesome. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now