That bloke who has to tell police 24hrs before he has sex...

(6 Posts)
BeyondBootcampsAgain Sun 24-Jan-16 14:07:30

www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/york-man-is-banned-from-having-sex-unless-he-gives-police-24-hours-notice-a6826641.html

Surely this is just giving him a get out of jail card for if the woman changes her mind?! Consent 24hours in advance doesnt automatically mean consent at that time, does it! Seems to me to be encouraging the idea that once you do agree to have sex with a man, you owe it to him to follow through. Bleugh.

TheWomanInTheWall Sun 24-Jan-16 14:22:13

I don't think so, beyond. I believe the police would then get in contact with the partner to ensure she isn't being coerced etc.

That's not to say if he afterwards raped her, no action would be taken.

TheCountessofFitzdotterel Sun 24-Jan-16 14:32:06

This was discussed at length on another thread.
One theory is that he is a repeat offender and this is about preventing not the next attack, but the one after that. Because it's hard to prove someone didn't consent but proving that the sex took place is easier and you can arrest him if he didn't tell police in advance.
If someone was opportunistically attacking strangers, sex workers or women picked up in clubs, this would interfere with their method.

BeyondBootcampsAgain Sun 24-Jan-16 14:40:23

Ah i wondered why there was no thread! Which thread is it on?

TheWomanInTheWall Sun 24-Jan-16 14:45:06

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/_chat/2554537-Lucky-hes-not-guilty-24-hour-notice-before-having-sex?msgid=58836942#58836942

BeyondBootcampsAgain Sun 24-Jan-16 15:01:58

Ah thank you! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now