The new Pure Drama ad for the BBC

(6 Posts)
TheFutureSupremeRulersMum Thu 14-Jan-16 19:31:50

I just saw it for the first time on BBC1 and was wondering if anyone else saw it. It's the one with the characters from Luther and Sherlock.

I was a bit shocked to see Martin Freeman's character say "girls" as an insult when Luther and Sherlock are bickering. I thought the BBC were better than that and slightly shocked Benedict Cumberbatch didn't query it during filming.

variousthings Thu 14-Jan-16 19:34:48

Maybe he did

Martin freeman is playing a character though. Maybe that character is a bit of a nob

TheFutureSupremeRulersMum Thu 14-Jan-16 19:36:36

Watson isn't a knob. It's quite in contrast with the recent Sherlock episode.

variousthings Thu 14-Jan-16 20:09:58

The Sherlock episode where a man explained feminism to a load of women who didn't then say much in return?

TheWomanInTheWall Thu 14-Jan-16 20:22:29

Yeah, that's the one....

Victorian Sherlock Holmes (aka Doyle) WAS sexist, though, as per his time - only one woman was ever deemed to be worthy for him.

SciFiFan Thu 14-Jan-16 23:14:24

This wasn't filmed though Future it's just clips from Sherlock mashed together presumably with clips from the other shows (though as I don't watch them I couldn't categorically state that). So no, the Sherlock actors wouldn't have queried it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now