(184 Posts)
SilverBlur Sun 05-Jul-15 15:29:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

IHaveBrilloHair Sun 05-Jul-15 15:30:37

Euuuurgh.

BitchPeas Sun 05-Jul-15 15:32:19

Yuck. Poor woman.

BitchPeas Sun 05-Jul-15 15:34:23

And poor child growing up with that. Schools going to be fun, getting bullied for having a rapist father or having some rape apologist glory wanking all over you. Yuck.

AnyFucker Sun 05-Jul-15 15:49:47

how surprising

clam Sun 05-Jul-15 16:00:35

Oh no!
How's his request of leave to appeal coming along, anyone know? prays it's denied.

FayKorgasm Sun 05-Jul-15 16:03:16

I wonder if SS will be involved. Poor child,life is going to be rough for him/her.

YonicScrewdriver Sun 05-Jul-15 16:04:39

I don't think she has been taken in.

I think she simply doesn't care about the consent of his victim.

LassUnparalleled Sun 05-Jul-15 16:26:16

I dont think so either.

The consent issue is in some ways irrelevant. Even if it had been entirely concensual most women would have been horrified by his behaviour. It's not just the infidelity but the nasty pre-meditated way he went about it.

She didn't seem to question that at all. You can infantilise her and say the lack of questioning is because her poor little brain has been so conditioned by bad girl/good girl conditioning. Or you can allow her the free agency just to be a nasty piece of work who thinks she's better than other people.

LassUnparalleled Sun 05-Jul-15 16:27:08

Actually most people would have been horrified by his behaviour.

clam Sun 05-Jul-15 16:36:07

Damn, just ended up on a DM link about it. Anyway, whilst there, blush I read part of what she'd said during her This Morning interview, about him "just not being capable of that."
Not capable of what? Rape? Which to her mind, presumably only means a man in a raincoat in a dark alley, jumping out on a virgin and brandishing a knife. Or not capable of having seedy sex in a hotel room with someone he'd never met before his mate texted him with the immortal words "I've got a bird" and "Do you want a go?" whilst his brother and mates filmed it through the window.
Evans admitted that happened, so what is it she thinks' he's "not capable" of?

grimbletart Sun 05-Jul-15 18:32:46

I don't feel sorry for her. She has made a choice - an active choice to remain with a rapist. I cannot feel any sisterly feelings towards women who do that. I may be a feminist (I am a feminist) but that will never preclude me from calling out women who behave badly. I don't fall for this idea that criticising women who behave badly is victim blaming. If women want to be treated as grown ups, they should behave like grown ups. A woman who runs around like a puppy after a rapist is not a grown up.

The only other explanation in that she is such a deep state of denial that she has taken leave of all rational thought.

Either way, I would not like to live in her head.

AuntieStella Sun 05-Jul-15 18:39:00

I am not going to line up to pillory this.

I think it is unfortunate that this young man does not realise that his (self-confessed) actions that night show him to be unrepentant.

But it is quite possible that he has not raped this woman as well. And that, especially if this child is a daughter but with paternity in general, that he might finally realise the enormity of what he said he has done (and which, on his own admission shows hi to be a rapist), and finally move to contrition.

There is always hope for rehabilitation.

HenriettaTurkey Sun 05-Jul-15 18:41:54

True, but generally a precursor to rehabilitation is acknowledging you've done wrong.

Volenflo Sun 05-Jul-15 18:42:43

Grim

AuntieStella Sun 05-Jul-15 18:50:25

Yes, I agree Henrietta and that's why I said I hope paternity (especially if of a girl) might provide a breakthrough for him on that journey.

(but as I usually say things far too wordily, thanks for spotting the essential point and making it so clear).

JAPAB Sun 05-Jul-15 18:53:18

"Not capable of what? Rape? Which to her mind, presumably only means a man in a raincoat in a dark alley, jumping out on a virgin and brandishing a knife."

Not necessarily. Although there are too many people who think that no positive or overt indication of non-consent = consent.

From what I remember, the person who had had sex with her prior to Ched was acquitted, so it is possible Ched's partner may believe that it was not the case that inbetween one man and another the alcohol consumed had taken effect to the point where consent was still possible in the first instance but not the second.

Well the ins and outs have been debated many times, and there are people who believe that the conviction was unsafe for various reasons, and not just because they operate to a notion that rape is man hiding the bushes etc.

clam Sun 05-Jul-15 19:24:11

Was she not in court? Where, presumably, they made the point that the difference between the two verdicts was because "consent" was blurred with the first guy, as she knowingly (?) went back to the hotel room with him, but had never met Evans when he turned up to "have a go."

How, on God's earth, has this girl ("Tash") normalised this in her head?

WhirlpoolGalaxyM51 Sun 05-Jul-15 19:38:33

Assume this news will go a long way towards improving his image / showing he has "rehabilitated" and suspect it won't be long now until he gets signed as his licence must be coming to an end (?) and stopping a decent family man getting a very specific high profile job is just mean.

JAPAB Sun 05-Jul-15 20:13:36

clam
Knowingly going home with someone would not preclude a rape from occurring if the sex takes place when, at the moment itself, consent cannot be given, so I wonder if that was it. Although I suppose that might affect whether a jury believes the man to have had, in his own mind, reasonable honest belief of consent.

We, as in outside observers, have to assume and infer as to what state she was in on each occasion. No wonder there is wiggle room here for people questioning things.

clam Sun 05-Jul-15 20:28:07

I don't think it was about "what state she was in" particularly. She had never met Evans, so the jury were led to conclude that she was less likely to have consented, whereas there could have been reasonable doubt with the other bloke.

YonicScrewdriver Sun 05-Jul-15 20:28:10

JAPAB

For the 17th time, she did not go to the room with the rapist Ched Evans. He let himself in without asking her permission to enter a room where she was already involved in sex.

He was a total stranger to her and he let himself in without permission. The man she was already involved in sex with had told him he'd "got a bird" so he too had behaved despicably in inviting along a stranger to her without asking her or informing her.

Also without informing her, 2-3 friends of the pair were filming outside.

So that's one young woman and five men who know each other, at least two of whom were stronger than average as professional sportsmen. Of the five, only one was someone she had spoken to and was aware of before the other four saw her in an incredibly vulnerable position.

Oh and the case has been reviewed for appeal twice already and appeal denied. So not just one jury but another judge and then a panel of three judges.

Get your facts right before you subject us to any more of your insufferable posts. I will not be engaging with you again on this thread.

<hits SGM button>

LassUnparalleled Sun 05-Jul-15 20:31:24

JAPAB so a boyfriend who doubles back in a taxi ,because his mate has "got a bird ", to the room booked for no purpose other than sex; who has sex with "the bird " whilst his mates watch and try to take photographs is, provided "the bird" consented , suitable husband and father material?

What is going on in his girlfriend's head?

JAPAB Sun 05-Jul-15 20:32:21

"Get your facts right before you subject us to any more of your insufferable posts"

What incorrect facts have I asserted?

I am also not sure what point I have made that you think you are contradicting with this post.

P.S. What is SGM?

YonicScrewdriver Sun 05-Jul-15 20:32:40

Clam

Because Tash doesn't care. Lots of people don't really know what consent is.

FWIW I don't think the rapist Ched Evans has raped Tash. I think he has a "girlfriends are women who deserve respect, any other woman not coupled up and out clubbing and drinking and dressing sexily is a slag" mentality. Which is why he and his rapey mates were so baffled by the whole idea that whaddya know? Those women are people too and are entitled to be protected by the law.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now