Why don't girls give me a chance?

(19 Posts)
manco Thu 02-Jul-15 05:40:05

www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-ckYlgajP4

PositiveAttitude Thu 02-Jul-15 06:13:25

Well, that was a waste of 6 minutes of my life!

DustBunnyFarmer Thu 02-Jul-15 06:15:31

Care to precis for the rest of us Positive, saving us all 6 mins?

Hazchem Thu 02-Jul-15 06:26:31

I gave up at about 30 seconds. It appears to be someone complaining about not having a girlfriend. I'm not sure what it has to do with feminism.

AuntieStella Thu 02-Jul-15 06:30:23

Does he actually mean female children?

MinesAPintOfTea Thu 02-Jul-15 06:31:40

Unless we're supposed to comment on quite pathetic teenager feeling entitled to a gf? Its a bad case of 'nice guy' syndrome he's got there...

PositiveAttitude Thu 02-Jul-15 06:36:49

6 minutes of moaning about why he cant get a female to like him - how wonderful he is and females just like men who are awful. Ends with a religious rant. I thought there might have been a punchline!!! But no......just a sad man whining about being single. Don't waste your time watching!!!!

Hazchem Thu 02-Jul-15 08:00:23

I hate the trope of women only like nice guys. My partner is nice, nicer than me, he's kind and thoughtful and is gentle, he is sweet. Love him love him to bits

BakingCookiesAndShit Thu 02-Jul-15 08:27:58

Women don't give you a chance because you post whiny shit like that, you ridiculous person. Girls are female children, adult men probably shouldn't be interested in them.

Anniegetyourgun Thu 02-Jul-15 10:45:31

Tip for you OP: nice guys don't feel entitled to have women date them. Maybe if you focussed on how nice they are rather than how nice you think you are you'd stand more of a chance of getting to know some.

laurierf Thu 02-Jul-15 11:27:29

I think it's a parody of some of the videos posted by Elliot Rodger, who the went on a 'spree' killing, murdering 6 people and injuring 14 others, before committing suicide.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Isla_Vista_killings

Rodger uploaded a video to YouTube, titled "Elliot Rodger's Retribution", in which he outlined details of his upcoming attack and its motivations, which he described as a desire to punish women for rejecting him and also a desire to punish sexually active men for living a more enjoyable life than his. YouTube removed the video after the killings, saying it violated their guidelines with its threats of violence, although re-posted copies could still be viewed on the website

laurierf Thu 02-Jul-15 11:33:48

I don't go on twitter so I missed this:

Comments and coverage of misogyny as a root cause have spawned criticisms of oversimplification and distortion of the events which included the killings of more men than women and mental health issues. Chris Ferguson, a psychologist writing in Time, argued that laying the blame on misogynistic culture glosses over how Rodger was one particular mentally disturbed man (see above). This line of thinking led to some using the #NotAllMen hashtag to express the fact that not all men are misogynistic and not all men commit murder. However, criticism arose from the use of this hashtag as it was considered to derail from the issue of violence against women. This led to the creation of the Twitter hashtag #YesAllWomen on May 24 to express that all women experience misogyny and sexism, even though not all men are sexist

whatlifestylechoice Thu 02-Jul-15 11:45:28

Is it a piss-take? Because it has a distinct whiff of seventies' amateur dramatics about it.

laurierf Thu 02-Jul-15 11:50:42

whatlife - yes it's a pisstake. He does another video entitled "vroom vroom" which is a parody of "Dancing in the car Elliot Rodgers style".

BakingCookiesAndShit Thu 02-Jul-15 11:52:40

I doubt it is a parody. There's a huge number of these types of rant all over the web, a terrifying number of men actually believe that women owe them sex.

Badonna Thu 02-Jul-15 12:11:44

Must be parody. But that doesn't mean the internet isn't teeming with men who really think this way.

Scrolling through the comments for once made me feel better. There were no commiseraters. The only truly unfortunate comment I saw was something along the lines of, "Your problem is you chase sluts instead of nice girls"--which is total shit, but it was the only comment of its kind.

Anniegetyourgun Thu 02-Jul-15 12:11:57

OK, if it comes to the point of not being able to tell whether something's a spoof or not because the real ones are just as bad, that's scary.

LurcioAgain Thu 02-Jul-15 12:20:48

A sad case of Poe's law in action.

laurierf Thu 02-Jul-15 12:47:03

When I looked at the video (didn't watch past the first few seconds), the sidebar of related videos was pretty horrifying - "10 things guys don't like about girls" "things girls do that guys don't like" etc. etc. Awful videos, awful comments.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now