We just got wolf-whistled beeped at. We are a happy gaggle.

(16 Posts)
FishWithABicycle Sat 09-May-15 18:47:22

The title of this thread comes from a Facebook post of someone I don't even know - the friend of a fairly distant friend. I'm only seeing the post at all because my friend is tagged in it. I can't comment saying anything about how their consenting to be objectified is perpetuating oppression and actively making the world a nastier place to live, can I?

Why bother?

If it makes them happy leave them to it.

BuffyNeverBreaks Sat 09-May-15 18:55:10

You could… depends on whether you feel up for a load of people having a go at you on FB for ruining their objectifying-male-gaze-pandering-keeping-the-rest-of-us-at-risk-of-street-harrassing fun.

Bluestocking Sat 09-May-15 18:56:52

What are you, some sort of funbusting feminist harridan? I bet you need a good shag.

shaska Sat 09-May-15 19:37:05

I'd be inclined to go for it based on 'gaggle' myself

BuffyNeverBreaks Sat 09-May-15 20:08:46

Plenty of opportunity for gentle punnage: 'clickers' for example. Might make you feel better without requiring FB's nuclear launch codes. grin

uglyswan Sat 09-May-15 20:13:31

Do geese have facebook profiles now? How do they manage? confused

PuffinsAreFictitious Sat 09-May-15 20:33:06

Not sure geese would be happy to have wolves whistling at them. More likely to take flight in fear.

Wolves being predatory and all.

did ya see what I did there?

grin

LastNightADJSavedMyLife Sat 09-May-15 20:37:57

"Thank goodness you don't mind, because when you do they start calling you a fucking frigid bitch smile "

FishWithABicycle Sat 09-May-15 20:53:23

LNADJSML - yes something like that smile

uglyswan Sun 10-May-15 00:16:32

Puffins grin - plus the irony of us both being waterfowl as well => double grin

WhirlpoolGalaxyM51 Sun 10-May-15 12:53:52

lol @ lastnight

I wouldn't bother saying anything myself.

I assume they don't link their cheerfulness about this with encouraging behaviour towards people that they wouldn't (presumably) be so happy about.

NightsOfGethsemane Sun 10-May-15 13:01:08

When this happens to me, I type a suitable reply, stare at it for a while and then decide it's not worth the bother and don't post it.

But I really like LNADJSMLs response.

BuffyNeverBreaks Sun 10-May-15 13:06:32

I meant 'cluckers'. The tyranny of autocorrect.

TheBlackRider Sun 10-May-15 16:58:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheBlackRider Sun 10-May-15 16:59:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now