Sexism YouTube clip

(11 Posts)
PamDooveOrangeJoof Wed 11-Jun-14 20:00:05

Hi,
Does anyone remember there was a really great youtube clip floating around a while ago - basically just a woman doing a brilliant monologue to camera about sexism and music videos etc. I can't remember who it was and I wanted to share it with a friend.

Sorry to be so vague!

scallopsrgreat Wed 11-Jun-14 20:09:00

Was it Anita Sarkeesian you were thinking of?

Bifauxnen Wed 11-Jun-14 20:19:00

Is it this one? on kindle so can't watch to check. Anita sarkeesian was video games, not music.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=iVT2TBBoS4E

Bifauxnen Wed 11-Jun-14 20:21:02

no it isn't, sorry. ignore me.

PamDooveOrangeJoof Wed 11-Jun-14 21:19:29

Thanks for your replies. Thanks for looking for me!

It was a woman staring straight at the camera and just talking. Almost like a poem? Think she was British too.

I thought it had something to do with everyday sexism but couldn't find it searching for that. Maybe it wa something they linked to on their twitter feed. I stopped following them as was too depressing.

CaptChaos Wed 11-Jun-14 22:17:09
PamDooveOrangeJoof Wed 11-Jun-14 22:44:28

Yes!!!! It was Holly McNish! Not sure it was this video but was definitely her so thanks v much. Was driving me nuts!

CaptChaos Wed 11-Jun-14 22:48:46

No worries, she's a deeply talented woman.

PamDooveOrangeJoof Wed 11-Jun-14 23:10:44

She certainly is. Just found it - it was the one she wrote about page 3. I'm note sure how to post the link I'm afraid.
Thanks again!

Bifauxnen Thu 12-Jun-14 00:23:19

m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=XomUSdsg6UY campaign for no more page 3.
Looking for it led me to loads of good tedx talks so thanks for that.
Also just noticed the LoG name, brilliant grin

PamDooveOrangeJoof Thu 12-Jun-14 07:25:34

Thanks Bifauxnen!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now