Ouch! It's not just you.

JennyOnTheBlocks Thu 05-Jun-14 18:06:33

Crikey

I don't know where to start

owlbegoing Thu 05-Jun-14 18:08:16

It looks like it's been deleted.
I'm guessing that's a good thing??

Wellwellwell3holesintheground Thu 05-Jun-14 18:13:56

I did comment under it when my friend posted it. I'm probably joyless or something. It's so many kinds of wrong.

sonlypuppyfat Thu 05-Jun-14 18:15:25

I can't see it.

GetYourFingersOutOfThere Thu 05-Jun-14 18:15:33

It's gone, what ever it was.

Wellwellwell3holesintheground Thu 05-Jun-14 18:17:59

It was a picture of a man in a turban and white robe type things with a chain round his neck being led by a woman in a veil and headscarf, a bra, thigh boots etc. Captioned 'it's time to change'...

Wellwellwell3holesintheground Thu 05-Jun-14 18:19:09
Wellwellwell3holesintheground Thu 05-Jun-14 18:19:38

I was wrong. Knee boots and no bra.

ReallyFuckingFedUp Thu 05-Jun-14 19:48:14

it's still there, think the OP posted a mobile link. You need to click "follow link"

Lovecat Thu 05-Jun-14 20:47:22

WTAF?

DadWasHere Thu 05-Jun-14 23:12:12

Ahhh... Burning Man. If you want context:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxRAg9Pcpm4

FourForksAche Thu 05-Jun-14 23:45:58

that's weird.

DadWasHere Fri 06-Jun-14 00:04:27

that's weird.

One persons weird is another persons creative. Burning Man is a decades old festival held in a desert in the US each year, part art/anti-art (burn your art), part performance, part hippie culture. Wiki would have a page on it... yup:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burning_Man

FourForksAche Fri 06-Jun-14 00:44:49

dad, I'm sorry, I wasn't very clear. I was referring to the original photo. I was unable to see your video, it seems to have been removed.

DadWasHere Fri 06-Jun-14 00:55:41

Video removed? Still seems to link OK for me in my browser, you will find a ton of such videos if you search 'Burning Man' in Youtube, its a huge deal in pop art culture of the US.

FourForksAche Fri 06-Jun-14 01:28:28

cheers, I'll have a look. so is the original photo part of a burning man event?

DadWasHere Fri 06-Jun-14 06:09:27

cheers, I'll have a look. so is the original photo part of a burning man event?

Burning man does not have events, it is the event. The people who go there and what they bring are the event, there are few passive observers. I thought it probably was Burning Man just looking at the sand and vehicles in the background but the clincher is the copyright on the image points to the photographers web site, burnmonkey.com NOTE: (NOT photos I am going to directly link here, there are enough adult images in that portfolio to see me banned if I directly linked them. Consider yourself forewarned.)

TheSameBoat Fri 06-Jun-14 07:02:41

It's always the same though isn't it? Whatever the message whether it's trad culture or counter-culture it's always the woman that's butt naked.

Plus, women explicitly wear the veil to avoid objectification, you would've thought people would accept that. Doesn't get more objectifying than a body with no face.

TheSameBoat Fri 06-Jun-14 07:03:12

It's always the same though isn't it? Whatever the message whether it's trad culture or counter-culture it's always the woman that's butt naked.

Plus, women explicitly wear the veil to avoid objectification, you would've thought people would accept that. Doesn't get more objectifying than a body with no face.

YouSayPotatoISayChipsnMayo Fri 06-Jun-14 09:34:27

Yes, the point would be better made if they just switched the gendered clothing.

But as usual the man hasn't got to change. Naked women are, like well empowered.

FourForksAche Fri 06-Jun-14 10:03:24

"naked women are empowered" said the wealthy record label executive ;-)

whilst fully clothed

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now