Is it me or is this article in my local paper bullshit?

(31 Posts)
CorusKate Sat 31-May-14 18:25:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LoveSardines Sat 31-May-14 18:30:47

I don't know what germaine greer has been saying lately so can't comment on the gist, but you are right he does sound like a complete twat.

I find the way he dismisses anything that happens on the net as being irrelevant a bit odd too.

if he continuously had a load of people writing in to him telling him they were going to murder his family and burn his house down and whathaveyou would he be <shrug> about it or would he eventually be getting freaked out and then onto the police (the latter, I'm guessing).

CorusKate Sat 31-May-14 18:34:30

BillnTedsMostFeministAdventure Sat 31-May-14 18:36:44

I bet Greer is devastated he finds her irrelevant. No, really.

grin

CorusKate Sat 31-May-14 18:38:35

SconeRhymesWithGone Sat 31-May-14 18:38:59

Not just bullshit, patronizing bullshit. He needs to change his name to Frank Mansplainer.

CorusKate Sat 31-May-14 18:40:35

CorusKate Sat 31-May-14 18:56:43

OddBoots Sat 31-May-14 19:00:36

He certainly seems rather left behind in the world if he thinks that social media isn't the real world.

CorusKate Sat 31-May-14 19:06:39

ReallyFuckingFedUp Sat 31-May-14 22:25:30

Mumsnet would implode if we had to stop saying twat chorus. His use of "mere male" makes me feel like projectile vomiting all over him.

In his defense he sounds completely out of touch, and like he doesn't actually understand any of the issues affecting girls today out there on the interwebz hmm

CorusKate Sat 31-May-14 22:33:28

CaptChaos Sat 31-May-14 22:35:37

Social media isn't the real world?

Surely that makes MN a little onanistic, because none of you are real?

The guy is a dick. Anyone calling his wife the memsahib needs locking up in a tiny room until he agrees to never do it again.

KellyHopter Sat 31-May-14 22:37:44

He's not actually saying anything is he? It's just a load of bland, aimless gum bumping.

ReallyFuckingFedUp Sat 31-May-14 23:27:35

I'm not real capt. I'm just a figment of your imagination...

<disappears in to a haze of smoke and mirrors>

grimbletart Sun 01-Jun-14 14:37:23

Any article that starts "as a mere male" is always followed by bullshit. Fact.

CorusKate Fri 06-Jun-14 17:59:13

CorusKate Fri 06-Jun-14 18:01:07

Social media isn't real life? What rock does this guy live under. Does he think that the people who post on social media are androids? Social media, much like alcohol, removes people's inhibitions through anonymity and lets people sprew all their inner hatred and vileness with no social filter. If he thinks that what gets said on social media isn't what really lurks within the hearts of men, he is very, very naive.

But aside from that, the whole "feminism has attained its goals and is no longer relevant" philosophy is hugely overdone and Frank needs some original material.

ReallyFuckingFedUp Fri 06-Jun-14 18:26:36

Why why why oh god why.

If I see one more idiot person say that the right to be an ass whenever you want with no repercussion is "free speech" I will lose it.

A newspaper does not owe anyone a job, if people say he should retire then a newspaper has a responsibility to give the people what they want. I'd say it also has a responsibility to sack people for being sexist idiots but that can't be true because Jeremy Clarkson still has a job

CorusKate Fri 06-Jun-14 18:30:31

CorusKate Fri 06-Jun-14 18:37:14

I can't quite read the articles on my phone, but it's not a Kent paper is it?

I recall local MP writing a regular column in our paper in which it was made abundantly clear he was a total arse... And yet, got voted back in. hmm

I'm kind of amused if it is a response to this thread though!

CorusKate Fri 06-Jun-14 18:56:30

I will save them for later! (you might need your fingers...)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now