Horrendous article "If You’re A 30-Something Woman, Your Life Is Over And I Hate You"

(11 Posts)
SueYammer67 Sat 03-May-14 20:54:44

Someone shared this article on my Facebook, I am aghast, I can't believe any young woman who calls herself a feminist would think this way about other women.

thoughtcatalog.com/anne-gus/2014/05/if-youre-a-30-something-woman-your-life-is-over-and-i-hate-you/

What are your thoughts on this?

MamaMary Sat 03-May-14 20:57:31

Are you sure it's not badly-written sarcasm?

RyvitaDolce Sat 03-May-14 20:58:17

That is so boring, and like, so full of teenage slang, I just can't read far enough in to it to reach the point where I become offended.

Shlurpbop Sat 03-May-14 21:03:16

Read the comments at the bottom...Anne Gus is a man (Angus)
It's not meant to be realistic!

scallopsrgreat Sat 03-May-14 21:05:35

Ann Gus appears to be a man. Imagine my surprise . Pitting woman against woman.

scallopsrgreat Sat 03-May-14 21:07:06

Sorry x-post!

Shlurpbop Sat 03-May-14 21:07:53

smile

meditrina Sat 03-May-14 21:09:35

And the accompanying picture grin

Yes people a decade older than you may well have a different view. But rantily writing off a whole cohort because one person was tactlessly rude at a party says more about the author than the subject.

Spero Sat 03-May-14 21:12:59

Its an attempt at satire. If you think this is bad, then I suggest you NEVER go to the Return of Kings site or read any of the comments on the Private Man posts. Because they really mean what they write.

Spero Sat 03-May-14 21:19:58

for example, this is a real comment. This is what this man really thinks.

I am older than they are but don’t really understand the point of establishing a relationship with a woman who is unable to give you children. They’ve expired and their value to men is pretty much nil, except for short term stress relief.

I find that much more disturbing than some ham fisted satire.

Louise1956 Sat 03-May-14 23:46:20

It's written by a man. I doubt he's a feminist.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now