More punter-excusing

(68 Posts)
WhosLookingAfterCourtney Tue 18-Mar-14 12:30:32

www.vice.com/en_uk/read/amsterdam-prostitute-diary

This article makes it sound like a glamorous lifestyle choice. Feminist-bashing, consenting adults, etc etc.

I haven't read the blog it's talking about, according to the article it's been compared to American Psycho. Says it all really!

AnyFucker Wed 26-Mar-14 22:51:30

it's funny-peculiar, that is for sure

SplitHeadGirl Wed 26-Mar-14 23:25:42

Flora I LOVED that cartoon!!! Husband did too.

FloraFox Wed 26-Mar-14 23:44:40

grin it's good isn't it? I saw it on twitter.

DonkeySkin Thu 27-Mar-14 00:03:22

Baleno has already admitted that he doesn't care if the women he pays to endure sex with him are repulsed by him.* Because apparently their feelings of repulsion do not meet an 'objective' standard.

As if feeling repulsed by someone or something is anything but a subjective experience.

*No way he's not a punter.

WhentheRed Thu 27-Mar-14 00:12:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

dreamin Thu 27-Mar-14 02:00:27

test

dreamin Thu 27-Mar-14 02:01:51

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

scallopsrgreat Thu 27-Mar-14 06:50:36

Don't know. Why don't you ask MNHQ save us reporting you

AnyFucker Thu 27-Mar-14 07:07:07

everybody can post unless you are banned or the thread is locked

mind you, you are only here to inflame so nobody really needs to see your posts at all

HTH

Oh, I missed the erudite edpistmological debate about neutrality! sad

Please baleno, do tell me again how reports of a social phenomenon represent reality and how you are neutral and objective...

CaptChaos Thu 27-Mar-14 08:01:53

I do wish that these 'terribly concerned about women's rights to sell their orifices to men' men, or, to give them their proper name, punters, would read the other threads before they come along to vomit all over a new one. Especially those who feel that they have 'read extensively about the subject' (aka paid a person to have sex on them).

3000+ comments on this subject alone: facts, figures, links to reports, studies etc etc put up, comments from 'happy hookers', punters, trafficked women, people who work in advocacy groups, and we're the ones who don't know what we're talking about.

This must be because we don't have penises. Only something with a penis is properly qualified to discuss this subject and we MUST jump and answer their questions, or we're all just being very stupid.

hmm

FloraFox Thu 27-Mar-14 08:16:11

Capt don't forget that we are reacting emotionally while he is neutrally observing, despite the fact that we do not participate in the orifice industry and he does

CaptChaos Thu 27-Mar-14 08:30:52

Flora of course! Silly of me! It must be because I don't have a penis, and am therefore completely incapable of rational thought.

I do love kittens though!

I'll wager he's not even aware that the positionality question even exists with regard to who can be neutral and objective towards whom, eh.

Are you attuned to issues of positionality and representation in your research, baleno? What's your position on criteriaology?

Oh, and if you don't know the answers to these questions (and I will be able to tell if you just google them) then you have absolutely no business whatsoever claiming that you are objective and unbiased when it comes to the question of whether or not it is oppressive to legitimise the purchase of sex.

M'kay.

junobaby74 Thu 27-Mar-14 12:09:40

Baleno - I notice that your research into prostitution comes from reading the Prostitution Rights Activism Groups website, which will probably always offer a more positive view of prostitution. Instead how about reading this blog: Soul Destruction - the voices of prostitution survivors? You'll probably find a far less positive view of prostitution on there. But you probably won't, will you, because it won't feed into your worldview that men have the right to buy sex, as long as women are willing to sell it. We aren't talking 'happy hooker' stories here, we are talking beatings, rapes, coercion, under age girls with STDs, and so on and so forth. But that's OK as long as they are willing to sell yeah?

CaptChaos Thu 27-Mar-14 12:27:17

junobaby thanks for linking that. Soul Destruction is an apt name for it.

I think reading it in small chunks would be best though. Jesus!

junobaby74 Thu 27-Mar-14 12:31:01

Yes Capt pretty grim isn't it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now