Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career x

Films which just annoy you

(105 Posts)
HollyMiamiFLA Sat 15-Feb-14 16:31:34

James Bond - just his casual sexism and his treatment of women.

I'm watching Ice Cold in Alex. The first female became "hysterical" and got shot.

The second female is all sympathetic. But she "couldn't understand wha they were doing" and now she lets out the clutch and the truck goes down the hill. She bursts into tears.

Cheers - Sam being so charming around women and most of them falling for it. Just hits on every women in the bar.

Drives me mad.

LyndaCartersBigPants Mon 10-Mar-14 17:33:22

I watched the lego movie yesterday and was heartened when the female character came on kicking ass. However, when she then changed into her bodice and skirt combo and the lead character zoned out while she was talking because he fancied her, I felt a bit let down.

In fairness, if they'd made the mum the bad guy, being all about work & seriousness, it would have sparked a whole other debate about working mums, so thankfully that wasn't the case.

But I agree a few more female lego figures wouldn't have gone amiss. Wonder Woman is fab (as my name suggests!) but there weren't many others, were there.

I watched Frankie and Johnny the other night after reading this thread. I'd remembered it as a love story but seeing it now it was awful, cringey, pervy, stalkery behaviour!

Deathraystare Wed 23-Apr-14 22:02:02

That film with Meryl Streep. Can't reember the male lead. One of the Baldwins?? Where they split up because of his behaviour and get back together. Him being totoally smug allthe way through. UUuuurgh!

Pretty Woman also.

Though I did laugh at What women want i still felt uneasy at times.

I also hated dirty dancing. I just hated the character Baby. How could someone look that old be called baby??!!! Did not enjoy the film at all.

GatoradeMeBitch Fri 25-Apr-14 22:57:57

I think Disney is trying to raise its game - Brave, Lilo & Stitch and Frozen are all films I'd watch with my nieces.

(I remember some random guy on DigitalSpy getting in a froth that Brave starred a positive female protagonist "I won't be taking my sons to see THAT!!")

GatoradeMeBitch Fri 25-Apr-14 23:02:33

The thing that bothered me most about Dirty Dancing was its effect on Jennifer Grey. She was affected by people saying she had a big nose and wasn't get enough for Swayze's character she got plastic surgery and now looks like a completely different person. It pretty much killed her career too.

Redcoats Fri 25-Apr-14 23:20:02

I can't remember the name of the film, Channing Tatum is in it. His wife is in a car crash and has amnesia, doesn't remember anything including why she hasn't spoken to her parents for years. She finds out her dad had an affair and she didn't speak to her mum because it was all her fault for some readon.
Up till then its a fairly typical romcom, but I'm thinking wtf?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now