Do you lurk on FWR?

(320 Posts)

Prompted to start this for a couple of reasons, but mostly because when the trolls come to goad us, many regulars in FWR (including me) have said that they continue to engage because they hope that lurkers will see the nasty sexist ideas posted by trolls being debunked.

Mention of lurkers on another thread (not related to trolling in any way, let me clarify, just it started this train of thought) made me wonder if we're really just a small band of regulars having a relatively private conversation or if there are others out there too.

So, purely to satisfy my curiosity grin if you do lurk here sometimes, could you give me a quick wave?

nobutreally Mon 27-Jan-14 21:37:21

Yes, I lurk. Occasionally post, but usually feel I have little to add to the cleverness I read smile

JimmyCorkhill Mon 27-Jan-14 21:37:59

<Quick wave>

littleblackno Mon 27-Jan-14 21:38:53

Hellooooo

MrsBungle Mon 27-Jan-14 21:40:04

<waves>

I am really interested in what I read on these boards but never really have anything to add. Everyone on here seems extremely knowledgeable about all sorts of issues.

Meglet Mon 27-Jan-14 21:40:14

Lurk, sometimes post. I was brave enough to start a thread the other week.

Another lurker here.

smile

MorrisZapp Mon 27-Jan-14 21:41:57

I do lurk. I'm a small f feminist and only occasionally chip in with the capital Fs.

Helloooo!

<waves enthusiastically in very uncool style>

BrawToken Mon 27-Jan-14 21:49:15

Lurk, with great admiration!

HerrenaHarridan Mon 27-Jan-14 21:51:51

Yep, occasionally I post but it always ends in an argument

ButICantaloupe Mon 27-Jan-14 21:54:40

I lurk. I don't feel I have any 'wisdom' to add on this subject. I wish I did.

LizzieVereker Mon 27-Jan-14 21:54:51

I lurk, and am really interested in the conversations, but a bit nervous to post because I am not always as well informed or erudite as I'd like.

BigPawsBrown Mon 27-Jan-14 21:55:30

Hello!

Oh please don't feel obliged to post nice things, I was just really interested to know, in the style of Mulder, if anyone was out there smile

LtEveDallas Mon 27-Jan-14 21:56:06

I lurk, and listen, and learn. I find you all interesting and I get pissed off when you get trolled, but fair play, you do a bloody good job of standing your ground and sending the trolls home with their dicks tails between their legs.

Blondieminx Mon 27-Jan-14 21:58:18

<wave>

I even started a thread once.

I mainly read & learn grin

lizzie, I've seen you post on other topics and can I just say, rubbish! You are definitely well informed.

I lurk on occasion. Honest. Then I get mouthy and make a tit of myself. It's a constant cycle.

Me too, though I've been erring on the loudmouth tit side of things recently. blush

Terrortree Mon 27-Jan-14 22:05:23

No but I probably should. Feel bad that I don't given it's an issue that I feel very strong about.

Must.try.harder.

Terrortree Mon 27-Jan-14 22:05:58

strongly. One day I will master the English language.

I don't think you are remotely a loudmouth or a tit, buffy.

EBearhug Mon 27-Jan-14 22:07:14

I mostly lurk, sometimes post.

Not even lurking that much at the moment. Work is really interfering with my messageboard schedule...

FadBook Mon 27-Jan-14 22:07:18

<waves>

I lurk too. You all always seem so good with your words and knowledge that I think if I post, I'll state the obvious or say something daft.

I also kill threads a lot!

I wish we had a 'like' button in here. It would make it easier.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now