Is it even worth discussing what a colossal bellend Farrage is?

(53 Posts)
mcmoonfucker Mon 20-Jan-14 22:10:20

Yeah but often the sexist attitudes only reveal themselves after you've had children. By which time it's too late. So I don't think it's quite fair to blame women who find themselves in this situation, really.

Lottapianos Wed 22-Jan-14 16:51:57

'So I don't think it's quite fair to blame women who find themselves in this situation, really'

In my mate's case, she had doubts about his behaviour and even described him as 'chauvinistic' to me long before they got married but she went ahead anyway confused He is indeed a total plonker and I really don't know what she sees in him. I waver between feeling desperately sorry for her and wanting to give her a good shake!

LauraBridges Fri 24-Jan-14 19:12:47

Yes, but do do due diligence. For example as if he's a feminist. Talk about feminism. Ask if when you have children what he expects - would he stay home with them as a possibility? Would he be happy if you carry on full time work? My oldest got married. The groom's mother has always worked full time as a doctor. I have always worked full time. He will expect women to work full time in good jobs. That definitely helps. Had she married into a family of women who don't work or put careers second to men or who expect women to do more cleaning at home than men then you can see how problems might occur later.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now