Got the rage

(3 Posts)
Anniegetyourgun Mon 23-Dec-13 21:48:51

Bloody hell, that's a woman who is castigated for being ugly? Wouldn't many women be tempted to have plastic surgery in order to look like her? I probably would (if I were infinitely rich and more scared of surgery than interested in looking good). OK, it does look from that photo that she has quite a strong nose, but that's quite in keeping with her general form and figure. Statuesque might be a good word. Dammit, she positively radiates health and fitness, which is very attractive. <reaches moodily for another doughnut>

The very gorgeous Steffi Graf had an impressive nose too - it suited her. Some might say it was aerodynamic! (Or perhaps aquadynamic in the case of Ms Adlington. Or should that be hydrodynamic? My spell checker says it should.) But ugly, no.

TeiTetua Sat 21-Dec-13 18:58:48

Yes, that is very very bad. But it would take a very tactful approach to try and tell her that what she wants to do is in fact awful, without coming across as patronising or dictatorial.

grimbletart Sat 21-Dec-13 16:10:29

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2527438/I-know-I-look-mirror-not-person-I-want-Olympic-swimmer-Rebecca-Adlington-says-not-rule-surgery-make-pretty-girl.html

I know, I know, it's the Daily Fail but this makes me despair. Rebecca Adlington, a wonderful swimmer who has won two Olympic golds and a bronze for her country and is an exemplar of her sport is being driven to consider plastic surgery 'to make herself pretty' because of the hateful comments about her on stupid social network sites, probably by idiots whose greatest activity is to get off the sofa to fetch another can of lager.

All those achievements and still it's all about how you look and not what you achieve.

Gives me the rage fangry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now