We've lost anyfucker

(110 Posts)
AnyCuntingFucker Wed 23-Oct-13 22:38:17

This place wont be the same sad

DebrisSlide Thu 24-Oct-13 20:39:53

Brilliant post, FairPhyllis.

I do think MNHQ have decided on their brand of feminism, largely. And I understand, from a commercial pov, why it's more of a not scaring the horses and empowerfulising women ilk.

EarthMither Thu 24-Oct-13 20:40:13

Indeed LRD - a cynical person might even say that hurt feefees are a tried and tested method of derailing.

Well, I may be a cynic - I just think it is extremely rude to simultaneously complain about threads-about-threads when you're incorrect, and to start a covert attack on someone who can't defend themselves.

Yougotbale Thu 24-Oct-13 20:46:26

Will anyfucker be back? She was always the funniest poster by far. I liked her style

paperlantern Thu 24-Oct-13 20:49:54

No I was just giving both places the right of reply, and being open in my response

Not complaining that no one agreed with me in the slightest.

LRD tbh I have no idea whether you are correct and it wasn't about me or I am.

You were however discussing Mumsnet HQ's approach to troll hunting. not entirely sure how pointing out that troll hunting can genuinely upset a real poster is off topic regardless of the reason.

troll hunting is not pemitted. neither are personal attacks. as Lucio did you are welcome to report either (or both) me or my both if you feel either applies to what I said

No, you weren't. Unless you're outing yourself as Justine MN, you can't give AF right to reply.

This thread is not about you being sore that you got disagreed with. It's about AF. It's really unpleasant to derail it with a grudge.

FairPhyllis Thu 24-Oct-13 21:46:44

She will be back Yougotbale (well if she chooses to come back). She has been suspended for a week.

paper I haven't seen the thread you are talking about, and this thread is really, really not about you.

I think Eldritch's reminder about it ultimately being a commercial site is an excellent one to have in mind (I often lose sight of it), and part of why I fear Debris may be right and that MN's brand of feminism may only be of the variety that doesn't scare the advertisers horses. It's a pity because I thought that the site was edging towards something really good by not tolerating the posting of rape myths etc.

The naming of the misogyny of the goady ones by MNHQ would be a truly radical act - but it's not a fight they signed up for. And judging by their treatment of the rad fems on here, it's not one they are likely to leap into wholeheartedly. I guess even if they only do the bare minimum they need to to control the trolls the site will still have value as a female dominated site - but I will be quite disappointed because I think this could be a real opportunity to make this a really woman positive general site, as opposed to one that is centred on feminist politics.

When you look at how the wider public perceives MN it is usually 'OMG mums talk about sex' or 'Oh yes that site wot is full of feminist harridans.' MNHQ might as well become full-on feminist harridans by clamping down on goaders because that is how they are largely perceived anyway, the site would be a nicer place for it, and it wouldn't drive away the majority of posters, if any.

Darkesteyes Thu 24-Oct-13 21:54:55

When the Red i know EXACTLY what you mean about the Guardian comments board I got targeted on there in the summer of last year by a certain poster (i even remember his username) basically he was slut shaming me. There was a lovely poster on there who stuck up for me though. I remember her user name too. smile

YoniTime Thu 24-Oct-13 22:18:53
Loopytiles Fri 25-Oct-13 16:39:10

The MNHQ post and the thread don't address the points raised here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now