We've lost anyfucker

(110 Posts)
AnyCuntingFucker Wed 23-Oct-13 22:38:17

This place wont be the same sad

YoniTime Wed 23-Oct-13 23:51:41

Perhaps they will be forced to act, of enough people complain.

ZingAnyFucker Wed 23-Oct-13 23:52:41

Bump

grimbletart Thu 24-Oct-13 00:15:18

hotfucker: it won't allow any more posts now.

But can we start another thread and carry on?

At the moment it's goadyfuckers 1 - MN 0

wordfactory Thu 24-Oct-13 08:50:52

See this is what MNHQ don't seem to get.

MN is a very rare thing; an authentic voice for women. There are very few places where women can say what they think in numbers. But MN is one.

Naturally, the women haters don't like this. It offends their sense of world order.

Since this isn't RL, they can't attack us physically, can't put dog shit through our letter box...so they organise themselves differently, with the same outcome in mind. To silence us.

So they come on MN and post lots of crap, trying to derail every thread and dilute our voices. Lots of very intelligent feminists left MN because of this. MN did nothing to stop the MRAs so they left.

But some woemn refuse to be diluted. Anyfucker was one of them. So the MRAs take a different tack. They goad her and report her ad infinitum. If they can get her kicked off the site then they effectively silence her.

And this is what has happened.

TiggyD Thu 24-Oct-13 08:58:45

They set a trap, she took the bait, they won and she lost.

All the usual internet rules need to apply. Don't respond. Report. Don't feed the trolls.

I also think HQ need to be a bit more 'if in doubt, delete' in here.

AlwaysOneMissing Thu 24-Oct-13 08:58:59

I am gutted about AnyFucker. And I am quickly losing my love of mn as a safe and educational place for women to come.
WordFactory is right - this is the only place where I can get well informed, intelligent conversation among women that is not dominated or in some way controlled by men/patriarchy. But that is now changing.

Please please can someone PM me if these wonderful posters (AF, Dittany et al) have moved to another forum? I want to follow.

Shame on you MNHQ.

DropYourSword Thu 24-Oct-13 09:00:22

MNHQ were justfollowing their rules. She'll be back in a week!

SigmundFraude Thu 24-Oct-13 09:03:03

'So the MRAs take a different tack. They goad her and report her ad infinitum. If they can get her kicked off the site then they effectively silence her.

And this is what has happened.'

No. This isn't what happened. As MNHQ very clearly pointed out.

wordfactory Thu 24-Oct-13 09:03:55

See I don't think MN are just following the rules.

They're essentially dancing to the tune of the MRAs who have decided to infiltrate MN and silence the strong voice of women.

mcmoonfucker Thu 24-Oct-13 09:05:07

I am still furious about this after sleeping on it.
MN have really let their members down here and their responses are quite frankly pathetic and cowardly.

noddyholder Thu 24-Oct-13 09:06:03

It is a week what is wrong with people? You don't really know him/her?

wordfactory Thu 24-Oct-13 09:12:39

noddy for me it's not really about Anyfucker. I don't go on relationships much, so I don't know her posts, though from the response to her banning it seems many people (including Rebecca from HQ) say they were personally helped by her advice!

It's about the MRAs coming on MN and targeting the voices they deem unacceptable. They then dive into their threads to undermine. And when that won't silence them they goad and report, goad and report.

It's a tactic they're open about. There are MRA websites mentionding AF and other prominent feminist posters by name.

I just don't thinK a site run by women should let itself be played like this!

BOOsterseatforAnyFucker Thu 24-Oct-13 09:14:02

They're essentially dancing to the tune of the MRAs who have decided to infiltrate MN and silence the strong voice of women.

Yes, this.

You can spread as many damaging, sexist, trollish ideals as you like provided you stay in the guidelines? I've struggled to find my voice at times in a world where I'm told to shut up and look pretty. Posters on this board have bolstered by confidence and I will now challenge and debate for WR issues with a decent level of articulacy and a whole lot of gusto.

Feeding the trolls is one thing but removing a weapon in our arsenal of bollocks fighters is quite another.

noddyholder Thu 24-Oct-13 09:19:35

mra?

I completely agree with wordfactory.

I know what happens, too. It depends whether you get reported a lot. MNHQ are quite open about that - we self-moderate. So if you end up with some petty vindictive twat who reports you a lot, you will be much more likely to get banned than if you happen not to.

I know HQ don't have the resources to do anything about that, but I wish they would do more to control the trolls/goaders. It is really, really shit that HQ very often delete a troll or an MRA that someone like AF spotted and reported. And yet, she still ends up on their rader, because when she sees someone getting upset by the troll/MRA, she isn't comfortable just sitting there and ignoring it.

I really do not think that is ok.

noddyholder Thu 24-Oct-13 09:22:43

I thought AF was a he?

BOOsterseatforAnyFucker Thu 24-Oct-13 09:24:05

Mens rights activist Noddy

noddyholder Thu 24-Oct-13 09:26:10

thanks smile

wordfactory Thu 24-Oct-13 09:26:36

I don't know if Anyfucker is a man or a woman, but I do know anyfucker is a feminist. And it's that the MRAs don't like!

I am very sure AF is a woman! grin

BOOsterseatforAnyFucker Thu 24-Oct-13 09:28:18

Perhaps AF is taking out her outrage on the DM comments section grin

meditrina Thu 24-Oct-13 09:34:23

"mn as a safe ... place"

This was thrashed out exhaustively.

MN is an open website. It isn't a safe place

If you want to post in a safe place, you need to find somewhere that verifies members and pre-moderates comments. That is not, and never will be, MN.

thestauntonlick Thu 24-Oct-13 09:36:08

Hi, erm I never post on feminism, because I don't really have anything new to say, but could posters somehow co-ordinate together to make sure that the goaders are reported by lots of people? Which would mean that MNHQ would have to listen? Apologies if that's what you're already doing smile

No-where can verify members, though - that's a myth.

MN is as safe as anywhere else. You are just as able to be scammed or conned in real life as on here.

People saying that MN is a safe place to them simply mean (I'm fairly sure) that it's a community where people look out for each other. I don't think they imagine it is magically free of all danger, but no-where is.

thestaun - I think we sort of do, informally. But very often we all seem to get the same 'well, we see what you mean but the poster hasn't yet broken guidelines'. I got that reply when I reported someone who was sneering about rape.

Then later, HQ wake up and realize, oh yes, it's a troll (I use troll interchangeably with MRA, btw).

Youhaventseenme Thu 24-Oct-13 09:39:12

Men's rights activists.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now