I need some help with this discussion please.

(27 Posts)
Sparklysilversequins Wed 16-Oct-13 20:36:29

In a general discussion about prostitution with a male acquaintance he made these points:-

1. A positive that arises from prostitution is that there is less rape in the world.

2. He in no way agrees with forced prostitution but he has a male friend who is a prostitute as a life style choice, he makes a great deal of money and has a great lifestyle. This he says is proof that many "people" choose this as a lifestyle including women because they are "high end and doing it for a living".

3. He goes to prostitutes "a few times a year" but these women are definitely not trafficked as he can tell the difference.

I have struggled to articulate how angry these views make me so I am putting it in your hands here on MN. Can I get some thoughts please.

BasilBabyEater Thu 17-Oct-13 21:36:28

Oh god.

Another rapey man who thinks that telling a man he sounds like a rapist when he's saying things that make him sound like a rapist, is worse than actually being a rapist.

What a nob.

middleagedwoman Thu 17-Oct-13 21:50:44

Yeah why do all rapey men do that? It is so so common.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now