Feminist dilemma

(17 Posts)

No kids here today, should I:

Start making Christmas presents for DNs? (Personalised hooded towelling ponchos for swimming, since you ask).

Start exploring anthropological literature to see what has been done about the diet of disadvantaged populations in the past for a new project?

What would a feminist do?

GetStuffezd Fri 23-Aug-13 08:23:05

drink gin

Crack on with your prezzies - they sound great!

OK then, gin and hooded towel ponchos it is...

TheVermiciousKnid Fri 23-Aug-13 09:38:24

For me, exploring anthropological literature would beat just about anything, anytime!

<eyes up "VermiciousKnid's* expertise and interest>

Well, I've just placed the hood pattern on the towel... Updates promised regularly.

Bold fail sad

SabrinaMulhollandJjones Fri 23-Aug-13 13:32:42

You can make personalised hooded towelling ponchos for swimming? envy

I want photos! (not because I don't believe you, you understand grin )

GrimmaTheNome Fri 23-Aug-13 13:36:44

See if you can find a video or audio piece of relevant anthropological literature that you can listen to while making the ponchos. I don't think its against feminist principles to multitask even if only women can do it .

Well I've made one personalised hooded poncho for swimming. They are fairly straightforward if you have basic skilz, I can post a link to instructions... I had to improvise because my machine's hemming stitch didn't work on the towelling and it unravels like a bugger.

What usually happens is I frown with concentration over the first one, it takes ages and goes very well. Brimming with overconfidence, I make the next one, and put bits on upside down, wrong sides together, you name it, and have to unpick most of it angry

I wonder if anyone has made audio literature reviews Grimma? They would be a great sleep aid, if nothing else.

I have placed an example upon my profile grin

Trills Fri 23-Aug-13 13:49:41

I don't know what is the feminist answer, but the sensible answer is to remember that it is a very long time until Christmas!

...though it is not yet personalised. I will be applying a fire engine appliqué. Can you tell I'm a bit lonely today

I know Trills but for some reason I become very concerned with Christmas at this time of year, with visions of sailing through the festive season with a smug glow of super-organisation. Never happens, but it makes me happy to plan for it grin

SabrinaMulhollandJjones Fri 23-Aug-13 13:51:38

Cool smile

Is it feminist though? <conflicted>

TheDoctrineOfPositivityYes Fri 23-Aug-13 14:09:40

Christmas often equals Wifework extravaganza so not the most feminist time grin

Good grief, you're right shock

If it helps at all, I've also been smashing gender stereotypes by fixing the washing machine so I can wash my finished poncho

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now