Anyone read the Hadley Freeman book?

(4 Posts)
MrsCampbellBlack Mon 19-Aug-13 21:00:02

I've read it. I think it would be good for a teenager - was light but the message was good. I think. Actually, can hardly remember what it said which I guess is quite telling.

badguider Mon 19-Aug-13 20:58:38

I don't think i'd learn anything from it but from what she said in the talk I wondered if it would be a funny yet enlightening read to recommend to a young woman or older girl who is interested in fashion and films as I think she says a lot about media and holywood. A 'lighter' introduction maybe for a teenager than some of the more depressing/terrifying standard book recommnedations??

Nope, I enjoy some of her columns and some of them make me gnash my teeth. Would probably be an entertaining read but I wouldn't be looking to glean anything worthwhile from it.

badguider Mon 19-Aug-13 13:19:15

That's all really.

I haven't, but heard her talk about it last night. Not expecting anything earthshattering in it but curious to know if anybody has read and enjoyed it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now